Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heating/Insulation Service and Products

Hi Tia
    They do heat pumps and air conditioning.

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by thezorbster View Post
    Airfoam for the walls! Have to say the house is toasty - it retains the heat so much better but the installation was a bit disastrous to put it mildly (see separate thread a few weeks ago). Their after service was superb though and friends who have had it have had no installation problems at all - think we were just unlucky.
    Would you mind giving some idea of the size of property and the cost?

For underfloor insulation, I can recommend:

Auckland Area

Polyman Insulation

www.polyman.co.nz
    Expol: $8.85 sqm
    Installation: $6.50 sqm (awkward access)
    Fixings: $65

Ours worked out at about 60 sqm, so about $1200 (incl GST)

A simple way to measure your underfloor area, is just to treat your house as a square, and either pace it out, or use a tape measure on 2 sides. then don't forget to remove the verandah area if you have one.

The company turned up on time, despite the atrocious weather, fitted it in under 3 hours and were very friendly.

You can't access all our house, so it is hard to estimate how much would be needed, so they deliberately quoted us for the maximum, then didn't charge us for what they didn't use.

The polystyrene product works in that it makes the radiators more efficient, so we don't need to have them on for as long to heat up a room. Which is particularly good for keeping the kids room warm overnight.

Cheers

Tia

'warm babies, healthy children project' (For christchurch only but your areas may have them, check with your council for details)

If you are on a low income, the warm babies etc project can help make your home warmer and drier.
    * do you have a baby under one year od age or a preschooler with health problems?
    * Is your house cold, damp or daughty?
    * Are you on a low income?
    If your are a home owner or in private rented accomodation, the warm babies healthy children project may be able to help you!

Here is website for futher info...www.cea.co.nz

The Warehouse - One of those sausage things to stop draughts under the door/window - $10.

Cheers

Tia

Ok I'm sure you've all seen the advert for pink batts, where people in the houses all have a nice cuddly person all dressed in pink fluffy clothes attached to their bodies,

well begger the pink batts

If i can't have central heating

I want one of those pink fluffy people to be cuddling me all the time

- anyone know where to buy them??

Thumbs up It's warm!

We have central heating!!!!! And what a difference that makes, wow. I'm so pleased, I almost cried when I came home tonight and it was toasty warm in the house. So worth it!

Getting the gas people (Vector? OnGas? don't know) to switch it on was a painful and lengthy process, but the gasfitters where great. It took them two days to put up a system like a UK one (gas heating, water in the radiators, the kind you have in the UK), in in our case, that was 10 radiators throughout the house.

Anyway. It is so great to have a warm house, and to be able to move around without having temperature drops of 7 degrees going from in front of the fire to the hallway...

Highly recommend it. Don't let anyone tell you 'it doesn't really get that cold in Auckland'. It does.
    Daniela

Quote Originally Posted by dharder View Post
    We have central heating!!!!! And what a difference that makes, wow. I'm so pleased, I almost cried when I came home tonight and it was toasty warm in the house. So worth it!

Getting the gas people (Vector? OnGas? don't know) to switch it on was a painful and lengthy process, but the gasfitters where great. It took them two days to put up a system like a UK one (gas heating, water in the radiators, the kind you have in the UK), in in our case, that was 10 radiators throughout the house.

Anyway. It is so great to have a warm house, and to be able to move around without having temperature drops of 7 degrees going from in front of the fire to the hallway...

Highly recommend it. Don't let anyone tell you 'it doesn't really get that cold in Auckland'. It does.
    Daniela
    oooohhhh more details please Who was the company? Costs?

Milliemoo

Yes Daniela, costs and name of company please. I'm sat in the office which is at the back of the house and I'm frozen. Been trying to finish a document that I have to show other users how to use tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpiggy View Post
    Yes Daniela, costs and name of company please. I'm sat in the office which is at the back of the house and I'm frozen. Been trying to finish a document that I have to show other users how to use tomorrow.
    you have my complete sympathy pink piggy. I work two days a week in an office in the back of a house (one window, sun doesnt hit it until about 2 pm so even on a sunny day, I am freezing. my hands are so cold they hurt, and after lots of complaining they installed a heater but it only helps marginally, and my knees under the desk never warm up. I have bought the warmest pants I can find that might be suitable for office wear and my next strategy is to take a blanket to work to put over my knees, but I have resisted this , trying to avoid the granny look

So I too would be very interested in what company and how much Daniela.!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast