Thread: Doctors in Hamilton

Default Doctors in Hamilton

Sorry another question - but we not to sure where we will be able to find a GP in the Rototuna area - we moving there on Wednesday - going to be camping for a day as our furniture only arrives Thursday - but we not wanting to pay for another weeks rent!!! Mean or what!!

We are having to name and register with a GP for our Life Insurance as well as we have to give name of Dr to our Medical Aid company.

So hope someone can give us idea of a GP - maybe we can go and register with them tomorrow.

Thanks again - I always seem to ask so many questions!!

Jayne

Hi Jayne

We lived in Rototuna when we were in NZ last yr, I can highly recommend Radius Healthcare in rototuna shopping area, the open air 1 on Thomas Road where New Wolrld supermarket is and a fab fish and chip shop and cheesecake shop. You have the choice of making an appt or just turning up to be seen, its a new buliding so bright and fresh, has a handfull of GP's and at 1 point I was there almost weekly, I can honestly say that I did not see a bad doctor either for myself or the kids. Also u don't need to worry that u will be ushered out after 5mins if ur appt takes 20 mins then it takes 20 mins. You pay to be seen as in every GP practice and if I remember when you register it takes the surgery a few weeks to get ur paperwork sorted (I cant recall exactley what is was but they explain) and for that period any GP consults cost more than normal, I think it was about $50 then was $25 but don't quote me. Also a tip if u get a prescription take it into the adjoining pharmacy and it only costs $3 if you take it to another pharmacy it will be $15. Also Radius is a chain of surgeries in Hamilton so if ur unwell on an evenin there will be 1 of ur docs on call at 1 of the radius surgeries.

I hope that makes sense, but pink piggy and beardy baldy bloke have been living in rototuna for the last yr and they will be able to give advice also

Good luck

Hi Jayne

Sorry haven't got time to read entire post (using Internet in library) but Amanda is correct - we also use Radius Medical at the shopping centre in Rototuna. Can highly recommend them. Have only used them a couple of times but because they are an emergency centre too they're open 24 hrs. Don't charge too much either. There's a pharmacy attached too.

Hope the move goes okay on Wednesday.

yeah good luck with the move guys..... going out to sort some more boxes in the garage, and we been here over a year!!!

Thanks for StevieD - cant wait for our container to be opened at our new home - but we will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope you hear something positive on the work front. Good luck to you.

Jayne