Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nursing experience ?

Default Nursing experience ?

Hi, hoping any nurses can help.

I've had a look at the the pay scales for nurses in New Zealand. I've got five years renal experience in the UK, can anyone tell me what pay scale I would be likely to start on? Does my UK experience count?

Thanks

I reckon Level 2 Step 5 which is around $57000 basic. Step 5 is top increment and I expect you'd be applying for a Level 3 shortly, your UK experience counts.
    Good Luck!

thanks, that's more than I expected.

JoJo, could you tell me where you found the pay scales please?

Thanks

re Pay Scales There is an old thread, if you type nurses' salary into the search box, it should come up, nicky posted the link to the NZNO MECA there.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo76 View Post
    It should be noted that this information is only for those nurses that belong to the NZNO union.

A lot of nurses belong to the PSA instead, which have a different agreement / salary range.

Currently I believe that the NZNO rates are higher than PSA as their agreement has recently been updated, this may be reversed once PSA have sorted out their own agreement.

Ian

Oooooh, had no idea about that. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo76 View Post
    Oooooh, had no idea about that. cheers
    If you can't decide which union you would prefer to join then one thing you should check out is what presence the union has at your particular hospital. My OH came from a hospital that had a good NZNO presence to one that has almost none (everyone is with PSA at this one), so she found it difficult to get support from the union as they didn't have a rep on site.

I wouldn't make your decision based solely on this, but something to be aware of. They can of course be contacted by phone, email etc but it's sometimes better talking to someone face to face.

Ian

I'm going along to meet with a hospital recruitment manager in June when we come over so I'll enquire then.

It didn't even occur to me that nurses with same experience could be on different wages.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast