Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bed sizes

Red face bed sizes

Hi Guys

My old double bed has had to go . We now have a dilemma - do we buy another one here or just use the mattress and wait till we arrive . Would prefer the bed but have read somewhere NZ have different bed sizes / linen - have tried to search but not found anything ?!?

Am I just dreaming it or is this true ? ! ?

Await yuor responses whilst I check out prices of beds online

sarah

Have you done a search? I don't think I'm dreaming it - I think somebody on here said a NZ queen-size is the equivalent of UK king-size.

There we go. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ght=queen+size

As far as I know they are the same, in fact yes we bought a duvet cover for a king duvet & it fitted fine, can't remember what I bought though but also bought a single mattress & that fitted my UK base aswell so I think you will be OK & although I haven't looked that much you may get a cheaper one in the UK with more choice although I stand to be corrected

There's Double (135), Queen(150), King(165), and Super King(180).

Kim

Beds in NZ can be a really quite expensive item, just as they are in the UK. Anything averaging around $2,000-$3,000 for a good quality sprung divan base and mattress, but having said that the choice is very, very good and the quality is superb.

Should you be looking for the slatted type base with a mattress the cost can be a lot less, but that depends on your choice of mattress.

By the same token, you can also buy wood bedroom suites for around $2,000 and that includes the bed, bedside cabinets and a couple of chests of drawers.

All depends on the quality and your personal choice.

UK King size = NZ Queen size.

UK Super King = NZ King size.

NZ Super King Size = Absolutely Ginormous !!

We brought a UK Super King size water bed (6'wide x 6'6"long) with us and when I bought some NZ Super King Fitted sheets for it they were much too big.

Hope this helps.

Julie

xx

Definately buy in the UK and ship over, beds are really expensive over here and you will have more choice in the uk.
    By the way where in Somerset are you located?
    We are from Crewkerne, nearest larger town was Yeovil or Taunton.

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    you will have more choice in the uk.

Do you think so?

Maybe you're right...

Isn't it strange how peoples perceptions vary - I thought NZ had a good choice, albeit expensive.

Sarah, do what's best for you. At least you now know that the NZ bedding will fit!!

Julie

xx

Beds are very expensive here.....but mattresses can get squashed out of shape being shipped and bed frames can get damaged too. We had to replace ours and mattress alone cost about $1500 on sale....was $2200 full price. This wasn't for some really fancy mattress, just decent quality posturpaedic queen size one.

Did find alot more choice of quality beds here, but much less choice on cheaper end of market...there is no Argos here and most of the furniture in The Warehouse in pretty flimsy IMO.

thanks guys - I think we will go with a bed here - we are in Chantry near frome but have shopped in yeovil .

I am missing out on Glastonbury this year normally go for the day - but thought we might get to NZ early than we actually are - will haVE to make do with snipits on the Tv - nothing like the real mud though !!!! and the toilets !!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast