Thread: nintendo ds lite

Default nintendo ds lite

Another question for you all

my daughter wants one of these for her forthcoming birthday

are the games in NZ compatable ? with UK VERSION

Can I get it cheaper in NZ and therefore rule out above problem

is it cheaper to pick up enroute ( singapore )

Also do WII GAMES have the same compatability problems ( got one of those as well )

I am trying to take her out of it at the moment as we have both

also bikes is it better to get in NZ my 3 need new ones or will MAF make the cost higher so not worth it ?

DSLite cartridges are universal - the only difference is the language they are in. Providing the cart you buy is in English, it will work.

If you buy a DS Lite in Singapore, English-language cartridges will work on it. However, any free games you get with the bundle may not be English-language. Also, the power-supply adaptor may not be suitable for either the UK or NZ.

We found Singapore airport to be quite expensive - bought a camcorder which was cheaper at home! On the other hand saw stuff at Auckland Airport that was cheaper than the Uk - DS lite was £70.

£70 is cheaper than you can get it in the UK. You can just about get a second-hand on Ebay for that.

Yes thats what we thought, maybe it was an offer or something. Was too late for us anyway we'd already bought in the UK for the journey out there.

thanks guys - getting it for the journey is a good idea - will rpobably get one as a surprise - she now thinks shes not having one

Wii NTSC and PAL consoles don't mix. But from the UK the Wii games in NZ should be fine.

See this thread:

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12451

just one thing.. Oh was considering a PS3 from Singapore when we came back in Jan - lots cheaper than UK or NZ, but the one thing that worried him was that the guarantee is only for Singapore and not world wide, which makes it a pain to return if there are any problems, so in the end he decided against it.. not sure if its the same for Nintendo, but might be worth checking out...