Thread: Auditor on skill shortage list?

Question Auditor on skill shortage list?

Any one know why auditors are on the skill shortage list? I just looked for auditor jobs on the NZ Herald and there are only 70 jobs that are designated as auditor out of 629 accounting jobs. That's only 11%. I thought that NZ was in dire need of auditors. Accounting in general seems to be a skill shortage (3rd most job vacancies listed in the Herald) How is the skill shortage list determined and can it be changed? I've applied for management accounting jobs and they had said that they are looking to hire NZ residents only and I feel that the only way I'll get selected is if some how, management accounting or financial analyst can be added to the skill shortage list. Any help would be appreciated. Mahalo!

If Management Accounting is your preference, I would suggest you keep an eye on vacancies with Government Departments (www.jobs.govt.nz). They often have management accounting roles in Wellington and sometimes have them in other cities like Auckland, Hamilton & Christchurch.
    These roles are sometimes referred to as advisor or analyst roles.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by eternalkiwi View Post
    If Management Accounting is your preference, I would suggest you keep an eye on vacancies with Government Departments (www.jobs.govt.nz). They often have management accounting roles in Wellington and sometimes have them in other cities like Auckland, Hamilton & Christchurch.
    These roles are sometimes referred to as advisor or analyst roles.

Shawn
    Thank you for your post. I have not thought of going into the government field. I've been looking more so at businesses, namely banks/financial institutions where I am currently employed.

Hi Maoli
    You tend to find a lot of jobs n New Zealand are not advertised, as there is a shortage employers do not want to waste money advertising. It is worth you enrolling with a few agencies, I like you are looking in the same field and have found them very useful the only holding me back at the moment is the UK housing market as I can not afford to move without selling my House! I have been offered 2 jobs which I had to turn down for that reason one through Parker Brown (William Parker Brown is the contact) and the other through my own application. Just keep plugging away also Hudson agency put my CV into NEw zealand format which might help!

Quote Originally Posted by Janey View Post
    Hi Maoli
    You tend to find a lot of jobs n New Zealand are not advertised, as there is a shortage employers do not want to waste money advertising. It is worth you enrolling with a few agencies, I like you are looking in the same field and have found them very useful the only holding me back at the moment is the UK housing market as I can not afford to move without selling my House! I have been offered 2 jobs which I had to turn down for that reason one through Parker Brown (William Parker Brown is the contact) and the other through my own application. Just keep plugging away also Hudson agency put my CV into NEw zealand format which might help!
    Janey,

Mahalo for your reply. I have not tried an agency, I've just been dropping my resume with which ever employer I find on the Herald that suits my skills and experience. I figured it should not be hard for my to find someone interested, but, does not seem to be going my way. Besides William Parker, you have any other agencies that you recommend that I look at?

Hi
    try Hudson, Hays, and Clayton Ford these are all ones used for Wellington and will have jobs certainly in Auckland not sure where you are hoping to go

Quote Originally Posted by Janey View Post
    Hi
    try Hudson, Hays, and Clayton Ford these are all ones used for Wellington and will have jobs certainly in Auckland not sure where you are hoping to go
    Janey, thanks again. So you got a 2 job offers even though you don't live in NZ? I need to find an employer that is willing to take a risk in hiring someone from the States. Hopefully these agencies should help filter out those employers willing to hire out of country prospects and put my resume into an NZ format.