Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Residence Question..

Default Permanent Residence Question..

Does anyone know the answer to this? Once you are granted permanent residence in NZ, do you then have to live in NZ without any breaks for a length of time? Or can you come and go as you please? Hope someone knows the answer to this as we keep getting conflicting answers from various sources. Thanks!

Default Residency requirements

I have heard that you need to be in country for a period of at least 6 months ( doesn't have to be consecutive) if you just want to maintain your PR status, for two years. If you buy a house, you may be able to leave and be out of country for a longer period of time. You need to establish that you are actually settling in New Zealand. Getting citizenship is completely different ball of wax, see my previous posts. This all could change however, and I have also heard some conflicting info on this topic. Rich Adams did an excellent post on this topic. Check it out as well. Does anyone have conflicting info to this?

Cheers,

W

this information is on the forum somewhere, 180 days does ring a bell but its probably worth doing a forum search.

Default I have the PDF document from NZIS

If you want all the specific details about how many days you need to remain in the country, I can email anyone who requests it the PDF document concerning this issue from NZIS. It is called the Residency PDF and contains 500 pages plus of ALL details you would ever want to know about the residency process and requirements. The section you would need to review is chapter 97-1. There are a number of detailed, and complex provisions listed in the PDF document. There are also the exceptions to the 184 day rule that you might want to review.

I will try to find the link again, and will post it if I can find it, but I am not sure how I even found it on the site. My husband shut down my computer and I lost the link but fortunately had saved the document. Send me a PM if you want me to send you the whole PDF document for your review.

Wendy

Originally from Malaysia, in Wellington since May 2005

I was looking for exactly this and going through 20 odd pages of post titles is a nightmare on dial up. I was lucky to find it on page 7!

It would be a good idea to have a separate section to store information or files that people will need to refer to in future withoit having to search through the forum.

Just a thought!

Shagen

Default Re: I have the PDF document from NZIS

Quote Originally Posted by coyotewildwomen
    If you want all the specific details about how many days you need to remain in the country, I can email anyone who requests it the PDF document concerning this issue from NZIS. It is called the Residency PDF and contains 500 pages plus of ALL details you would ever want to know about the residency process and requirements. The section you would need to review is chapter 97-1. There are a number of detailed, and complex provisions listed in the PDF document. There are also the exceptions to the 184 day rule that you might want to review.

I will try to find the link again, and will post it if I can find it, but I am not sure how I even found it on the site. My husband shut down my computer and I lost the link but fortunately had saved the document. Send me a PM if you want me to send you the whole PDF document for your review.

Wendy
    From an earlier post of yours Wendy;-

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../Residence.pdf

:smile

Default PR

Hi Chrissie and All :cool

Here's a link to the details about PR (what that actually means, days in/out of country, etc.) that you're looking for...

http://www.enz.org/forums/viewtopic....amp;highlight=

Hope that helps!

Blimey!! Not really complicated!!

Many thanks Rich, I'm sure it will sink in after 4th or 5th reading!! :eek

Blimey!! Not really complicated!!

Many thanks Rich, I'm sure it will sink in after 4th or 5th reading!! :eek

aha!!

I've just discovered why I keep repeating myself!! It's whenever I hit the 'back' arrow to try to find a previous page!! That accounts for why I've posted some things 4 times!!!! ops:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast