Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medicals in West Midlands

Default Medicals in West Midlands

Hi

Can anyone recommend a Doctor or clinic in the West Mids area. We have found a few and just wondered if any of you have any thoughts or experiences, good or bad as we are taking our 2 boys with us.

Thanks in advance
    Lisa

Hi
    Let us know if you find any, we are in Leicestershire and the closest we can find to us is in Nottingham and they have quoted £380 each!!!!
    Liz

We went to one in Birmingham (http://www.handsworthwoodmedicalcentre.co.uk/). The medicals themselves were by the board, but Dusk experienced some frustration getting them on the phone. They have a tendency to switch the answering machine on and promise to call you back, then take their time about it. The medical experience itself was fine though, and they coped with the complications of Dusk's diabetes well. Cost about £640 for 2 adults, all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian&Lisa View Post
    Can anyone recommend a Doctor or clinic in the West Mids area. We have found a few and just wondered if any of you have any thoughts or experiences, good or bad as we are taking our 2 boys with us.
    My understanding was that you had to use one of the doctors on the approved list. I'd look for a link to the list but I'm dashing to do the morning school run. There should be several in your area and its a good idea to ring around and get quotes as prices do seem to vary. Also some doctors aren't set up to do the X-rays and you might need to make an appointment to have them done somewhere else.

Happy to be corrected if this has changed and if somebody with more local knowledge can answer your question.

Anneliese

PS our 5yr old coped fine as he didn't have to have any bloods taken and its a darn sight easier getting a urine sample from a boy than a girl IMHO.

yep, you have to use one of the 'approved' panel doctors, in the WMids area there were only a couple listed I think.

the page with the panel doctors is here

I can highly recommend Dr Chapman in Gatwick. I know its a bit of a trek but he was very good. They are completely geared up for immigration purposes, i think its all they do, and they do the x-rays round the corner which we didnt have to wait for, straight in.
    He only works certain days so you'll need to sort that but when we went in March there wasnt any delay, we could've had an appointment the next week if we wanted.
    For 2 adults and 2 children under 6(so no x-rays for the children), £660 all in.

Here's the number 0845 0700733

We have booked our medicals today for next Tuesday with Dr Chapman at Gatwick.(Thanks for the recommendation Motleybeast) Our nearest Panel doctors always seemed closed or busy, and we needed to get it sorted as our son who is 16 starts his GCSE's next wednesday, so it was cutting it fine to get anyone to do it before then.

Thanks for all of your replies and fingers crossed for next week.

Lisa

I should add that the clinic I mentioned above did the x-rays on-site.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplop View Post
    Hi
    Let us know if you find any, we are in Leicestershire and the closest we can find to us is in Nottingham and they have quoted £380 each!!!!
    Liz
    We went one in Nottingham too as we was from Leicestershire as they are nearer we can go to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast