Thread: setting up a business

Default setting up a business

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me regarding what I need to do to set up a business in NZ?

I have the opportunity to sell a product from a UK company in NZ/Aus and would like any info as to how to set up a business, register it, registering a product, insurance etc etc.

Hope you can help

Nick

An accountant can do all of this for you, mine did. You might have to shop around for business insurance, I use FMG but then I am rural.

You may be better off getting a copyright lawyer involved in the product registration.

This may all seem expensive but any cock ups with the paperwork early on could cost you dearly later.

The local chamber of commerce in the area you are moving to might be able to help with recommendations for the accountant and lawyer.

Where are you moving to?

What sort of thing is the product?

Hi Nick,

The process to set up a business is usually very straight-forward.

You can simply trade independently or set up are (Limited Liability) Company.

I guess this depends on the scale of the business you plan and you individual situation/circumstances.

Companies can be registered for $160-275.00 and can be completed in 24 hours.

The costs of Trademark & Copyright protection do vary depending on the nature of the product and the work involved.

If you have some specific questions I am sure members of the forum could help provide some answers.

Shawn