Thread: Things to do on Singapore stopover?

Default Things to do on Singapore stopover?

Thinking about stopping for a day or two in Singapore to break up the long journey.

What do people recommend? I am addicted to long distance running so would be looking for some countryside/hills.

Cheers
    Billy

What about seeing if you can join up with the Hash House Harriers http://www.hhhs.org.sg/ could be fun.

More normal stopover recommendations would be Singapore Night Safari, Cable Car Trip from Mount Faber and shopping in Orchard Road.

Billy,
    Singapore is awesome for shopping. Some of my friends like to buy electronic stuffs (which I don't know if it is compatible in NZ or not), but worth look at it. :mrgreen:
    As lil said, there some other stuffs that you can visit. However, singapore is small...really!
    have fun...

Hi,
    Singapore airport do trips out for people who are not stopping over but in transit ( we had 11 hours between flights) the excursions are based on the time you have if you go to the website it is all there.

Unforunately with the littie we had to sleep and booked the airport transit hotel but we would have loved to do excursions or stop over proper for a couple of days

How long do you have?
    Linda x

Last time I went via LA without a 'stopover', so possibly a few hours in a transit hotel is what I'm looking for?

I dont want to delay my recce, just make the approach more civillised.

Cheers
    Billy

Hi Billy,

I am from Singapore and the things you may want to try (as you say you like running) include climbing up Bukit Timah Hill reserve and running along East Coast Park (place where locals do their execise) where it is a stretch of 15 km running along thr beach. As a tourist, you may want to visit Orchard Road or Chinatown for your shopping, visit Sentosa (our resort island) where you can visit the Underwater World, Dolphin Lagoon or just walking along the beach. Lastly, you have to visit the Singapore Zoo which is one of the best in the world after San Diego.

Regards.

Vincent

Sounds good. I might just do that.

Thanks
    for all replies.