Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Boards

Red face Iron Boards

OH and I have finally decided to sell most of our stuff and keep a few things to ship over, the things i want to keep are :
    brand new dyson hoover
    sons toys
    brand new fancy iron board and new iron
    a couple of boxes each of our own items
    bedding ie quilts, covers ect
    baby crib( which i hope to use again while out their )

could someone tell me if any of these items are NOT worth shipping as OH does not want to take hoover or iron board, he thinks the iron board is a stupid idea, but i just bought and its quite fancy.

I would be happy for any advice thanky you all once again.

Natasha

Hi Natasha, don't know about ironing board but definitely bring your Dyson. They cost about $1000 here.
    Last edited by pinkpiggy; 11th May 2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: missed a zero

Thanks for the info, but i need info on iron board if im going to win this one with OH

Yes bring your dyson
    Ironing board - depend on why you like it? If because they go higher for tall people, then maybe as I haven't found ironing board go higher yet for me without hurting my back during ironing cos I am 6ft tall

Baby stuffs - I brought everything with me! to save money to buy all stuff all over again...cos I know I will have third child once I arrived in NZ.

I would bring it - because the only ones you can get here are rubbish.

No-one irons of course..... but they are useful as a high table at bbq parties!
    lol

Definitely bring the Dyson!

Hi Natasha'a OH here. The iron will NOT be coming with us. No way. Never.

Ooh - I feel a domestic coming on

Ironing boards here are on the whole quite flimsy......bring it!! And decent Irons are expensive too...the ones in the warehouse are low end models...if yours is half decent bring it too.

Bring it all, once you are earning $$$$ and not £££ then these items are expensive. I kick myself daily for not bringing those kinds of items with me. Just a thought too, you can rent homeware and linen until your container gets here. www.rentessentials.co.nz and hey OH keep her happy

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty69 View Post
    OH and I have finally decided to sell most of our stuff and keep a few things to ship over, the things i want to keep are :
    brand new dyson hoover
    sons toys
    brand new fancy iron board and new iron
    a couple of boxes each of our own items
    bedding ie quilts, covers ect
    baby crib( which i hope to use again while out their )

could someone tell me if any of these items are NOT worth shipping as OH does not want to take hoover or iron board, he thinks the iron board is a stupid idea, but i just bought and its quite fancy.

I would be happy for any advice thanky you all once again.

Natasha
    Definitely bring the Dyson, they are in NZ and are finally coming down in price but you will have no problem with bringing it.

If you are bringing the Iron then check how much power it takes as NZ mains supply is only recommended upto 10A or 2400W, if the Iron takes more power than this then don't bother - it would be better to just buy one once in NZ.

For the bedding, if you aren't bringing the beds, then would check that the bed sizes are going to match, or at least the bed sizes that you need are readily available otherwise the bedding may not fit well.

Ian

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast