Thread: One Bed Apartment in Central Wellington

Default One Bed Apartment in Central Wellington

Hi y'all

I'm all rather new to this, but am potentially transferring with my job from the UK to Wellington, NZ.

I'm wondering if anyone could give me any idea of a reasonable cost of a one bed apartment/studio in fairly central Wellington.

My companies office is in a central location (6011 if that means anything to anyone) and my start date is in August.

I've done a few websearches, but all the websites that I've managed to find have a slant towards larger houses out in the suburbs (and apparently, the panoramic views that go with them).

Any ideas on areas that would be recomended for a 29 year old rather bookish chap would be welcomed too...

Thanks in advance.

Temps

Check Trademe.co.nz, they have plenty of apartments in the Wellington CBD. If my memory serves me right, a typical (nothing fancy) 1 bdrm apartment averages around $300-350pw. But doublecheck that.

A very good start. Thanks for your help.

Hello, welcome, and good luck.

There are plenty of one bed flats on the Terrace which is a pretty central street in the cbd. You'll also find similar around cuba/taranaki street area, and then moving out towards the basin/newtown area