Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Tauranga!!

Thumbs up Hello from Tauranga!!

We are here!! Arrived yesterday morning at 5am and had to find our way from Auckland in the thickest fog ever, but by the time we reached Tauranga the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day.

We got our bank accounts sorted in the quickest ever time and have checked into a motel for a couple of weeks until we find a house to rent. We could have stayed at our son's but felt that having a very gorgeous 4 year old singing and playing at 5am may just be a bit much for us. We love that we can see them all whenever we like and this is not just a holiday this time! We still don't have internet access at the motel so I am on line at my son's right now. I can't wait to be able to catch up properly but that may take some time.

We spent the entire day today car shopping and settled on a Toyota Camry that we pick up on Monday, so the next job is to house hunt.

It feels wonderful to be here at last and we have sworn that after the last month's travel we are not going to step onboard an aeroplane for at least another year!

Vicki - if you read this, just to let you know I am holding everything for you!

Lesley - I'll PM you when we are a bit more settled and we can meet up for a glass or 2 at Mills Reef (or a pint or 2 at the Crown & Badger??))

Bxx

welcome to paradise folks !

Yeeaahh!! You've made it Barb

Enjoy and keep us posted - we'll need to get BBQ organised for the summer

Karenx

So pleased you've reached your happy landing at last. All good wishes for the settling in.

So pleased your dream is finally a reality Tauranga is our dream as well, we hope to see you there some time in the future

Cath X

certainly am here Barb!!
    great to have you back online (albeit not in your own abode yet!)
    and especially great to have a mental picture of you there in NZ!!!
    Bet it is SO great to catch up with your family again.

thanks for good thoughts - here's hoping!!

Glad to hear you arrived safely and are busy settling in. Must be a great feeling !!

good luck house hunting.
    have a wonderful time settling in

Great news Barb, am coming for a look around Tauranga whilst having in interview on Tuesday.

Wonderful to know you've arrived safely.I have been following your journey and wish you all the best with everything.
    Helen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast