Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Things to see and do in Christchurch ??

Everyone else pretty much covered the major things to do in Christchurch (at least, based on what I was prepared for when my wife and I visited). I'm not sure what your hotel expectations are or what you are prepared to spend, but we stayed at Strathern Lodge http://www.strathern.co.nz/ It was everything we needed (especially after the disaster of the first place we reserved), walking distance to shops and restaurants, and the hosts were quite friendly and helpful. It's also a short walk to the free bus route around the city.

No-ones mentioned Orana Park. Feed the giraffes! We've been twice it was so good

Quote Originally Posted by aberdian View Post
    No-ones mentioned Orana Park. Feed the giraffes! We've been twice it was so good
    Bit far out for her to travel there for a day visit? I am not sure if she is going to hire car or not, but yes it is good place and IMHO I prefer Auckland's after been there recent.

Managed to book accomodation, couldnt believe we had enough for a night with our fly buys at the Chateau Blanc, so only had one night to pay for and had good deal.

Now for car hire............

Thanks all for your help

Sharon
    x

Quote Originally Posted by nippa&pippa View Post
    Bit far out for her to travel there for a day visit? I am not sure if she is going to hire car or not, but yes it is good place and IMHO I prefer Auckland's after been there recent.
    It's just behind the airport, surprisingly close to town, but I don't know about public transport to there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123