Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things to see and do in Christchurch ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Things to see and do in Christchurch ??

Hi

Just managed to book some seats down to Christchurch in mid September with grabaseat.

Any one suggest some nice places to stay and attractions to see ?

Our son will be 6 by then.

Thanks in advance

Sharon
    xx

The Gondola, museum, definitely Hagley Park to let him run off some steam Sumner Beach is lovely, all around the Port Hills out to the gun battlements. Think there is also a Science museum which is cool, we went on a wet day and the kids thought it was brilliant.

We've been down quite a few times now to visit my auntie and Uncle and always get to do the touristy stuff

Sure there's a lot more to that we haven't done yet though !

My boys loved the trams too Hagley Park defo and Science Alive brilliant if your boy likes that sort of thing Plus you could always visit some of your forum friends

Karenx

Also next to hagley park, near art centre, there is canterbury museum that got a children's room upstair where you can chill-out for an hour or so while your boy can explore everything in here about fact of life (not body thing I mean , it about animals, tress, stones etc.. my 4 years old love it) just $2.

... the International Antarctic Centre is great too, our 5 year old son loved it

http://www.iceberg.co.nz/

With regards accommodation, we stayed at:

http://www.chateaublanc.co.nz/default.asp

Superb hotel, huge rooms, friendly staff and central location

Have a fab time

I was just there this weekend and personally loved the gondola, great views of Lyttleton and the mountains. You can get a combined ticket for that plus the trams for $30 for adult (not sure of childs price)and its valid for a couple of days so you don't have to use both tram and gondola on the same day.

Also useful to note is that on public buses you get one free transfer to another service within 2 hours of your ticket purchase

Sharon,

You can also come and meet all of us here

Asli

September.. hmmm.... you could warm up in the Antarctic Centre's snow-storm room...

Or go up to a ski resort (bus from Chch)...

Or take the Tranzalpine train into the Alps

I know, bit of a snow theme there - but it's nearly time for the slopes to open so I'm all excited!!

Hey,

The Halswell Quarry is also a nice easy 45 minute walk, with some gardens from around the world, definately recommend the Port hills, Crater Rim Walk, accessible either by either the gondola, or slogging it up the Bridle Path (sections of this walk can be completed in a couple of hours).

Akaroa, Sumner, (Cave Rock at low tide always fascinates me!!), and Taylors Mistake, all good fun.

Also - places to stay - I can't recommend the Randolph Motel enough, based on Papanui Road near the intersection with Bealey Avenue, 15 minute walk into central - have stayed there a number of times, great host, great rooms, with laundry in the room. Not the cheapest on the block - but they get my vote.

Cheers for now,

Dave

Can i just bump this thread up.............time getting on and no accomodation or plans in place yet.............we go mid september

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Sharon
    x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast