Thread: Panasonic DVD recorder help

Default Panasonic DVD recorder help

Our Panasonic DVD recorder (brought over from the UK) is working! but I cant find it on tv screen...
    When the Sky man came and hooked us up to sky on TV/AV1 he left the leads for the DVD recorder as our stuff had not arrived at that point.
    The DVD theatre sound surround is working too as far as the noise goes but not able to view DVD's on that either.
    Any help appreciated, have read the manual, and swopped leads about, do we need a technician?
    Feeling a bit down this week, a movie to watch on DVD would be a small tonic. maybe with a gin in it,,,oh I don't like gin.

We had to flick through channels on remote for Tv and Sky man didn't link it up to DVD channel?? So AV1,2 etc or video 1,2 etc - sorry am not very techie but it worked for us

Karenx

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Our Panasonic DVD recorder (brought over from the UK) is working! but I cant find it on tv screen...
    When the Sky man came and hooked us up to sky on TV/AV1 he left the leads for the DVD recorder as our stuff had not arrived at that point.
    The DVD theatre sound surround is working too as far as the noise goes but not able to view DVD's on that either.
    Any help appreciated, have read the manual, and swopped leads about, do we need a technician?
    Feeling a bit down this week, a movie to watch on DVD would be a small tonic. maybe with a gin in it,,,oh I don't like gin.
    So have you plugged in the appropriate leads to the DVD recorder and also to the TV and Surrond Sound?

You shouldn't need a technician to set this up, but you may need to ask someone who understands the various leads etc.

Ian

Yes all leads are plugged in. The only thing thats wiered is that in the uk we viewed the DVD's on TV/AV1 - the sky is on that one ...there is no other aeriel just satilite dish. I have flicked through all channels and av's

Does your TV have an AV2 input (often on the side or front of the TV). If Sky is connected to AV1 you will need to connect your DVD to AV2. However, if your TV only have 1 AV input, then things get a bit more complicated. You will then have 2 options... 1) Connect Sky to the RF (Aerial) input of your TV or connect Sky to the DVD recorder and then the DVD recorder to your TV. Does this make sense??? I have skype and could always try and talk you through it.

Default DVD recorder

Thanks for the advice folks, Pleased to say got it working, and all thanks to the advice received here again. I have sent a PM of thanx to andrewp

A pleasure Den. Always nice to know you've been able to help. All those years studying electronics not totally wasted