Thread: PR without a job offer?

Default PR without a job offer?

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry about this because I'm sure this has probably been answered a zilliion times before and I just can't find it on the forum at the moment ...

If your points total is more than 100 and you are selected from the pool to apply for residency, can you be offered PR without actually having a job offer. (I'm a secondary teacher).

Many thanks.

hi there when we came two years ago points required were 110 and i think we had 120 and no job offer but were given pr.

We got PR without a job offer just over a year ago. We had 130 points, less than the requirement for guaranteed acceptance at the time (I think that was 140)

Points total is, I think, irrelevant to the decision around PR or work permit.

We got PR Nov 2005 with no job offers and a mere 100 points!! Obviously points bit varies, but in principle, you can get PR with no job offer.
    Gil

Smile

We were given PR just last week with 125 points and no job offer, what's more we are very, very old!

Dave and Linda

Dave and Linda - as old as that??? Probably in same position here - trying to gether all the facts together. I'm currently collating all the information to have the NZQA confirm my qualifications so that we can decide on the optimum time to submit the EOI. I will be 50 next year so probably want to do it at the end of this year before I lose some points.

My main query was the chicken and egg situation of the job but I think we will have 120 points without the job offer.

Thank you for all your replies so far.

I filed my ITA in Apr'07 and got PR last week. EOI was with 135 pts w/o job offer . I think the things like job offer, having close family in NZ, possibility of the applicant settling down without much of a problem in NZ, skill sets etc.. things make the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesh View Post
    I filed my ITA in Apr'07 and got PR last week. EOI was with 135 pts w/o job offer . I think the things like job offer, having close family in NZ, possibility of the applicant settling down without much of a problem in NZ, skill sets etc.. things make the difference.
    I agree, its seems that the settlement factor - ability of the prospective applicant to easily settle down in NZ without overburdening the government support system is of paramount importance.

I dont think the number of points you have makes a difference, if you've enough to be
    selected from the pool then whether you've got 110 or 150 doesnt matter.
    We got PR without jobs in march, if your proffesion is on the list and they think you will be able to find work in NZ withthe quals you've got then and all the other aspects of your application are in order
    then theres a chance you may get PR.