Thread: Marriage certificate - relates to a question NZQA have asked

Default Marriage certificate - relates to a question NZQA have asked

Think this is the right place for this (but it relates to a question NZQA have asked).

I got married in Jamaica and the marriage certificate was a simple A4 piece of paper signed by the marriage guy, with both our names on (didn't even mention or surnames). We we're able to use this when my OH got a new passport with her new surname on.

NZQA have asked for evidence that she changed her name from her maiden name as her dilploma is in her maiden name.
    I imagine NZIS may ask the same question.

Any suggestions or anyone else had this issue, other than just sending an email explanation to NZQA?

I suspect they will have come across this type of marriage certificate before so shouldn't worry. How about using the previous passport in her maiden name too? I sent copy of previous passport in maiden name, present pasport in married name and marriage cert to prove my identity for prof. registration.

HTH

Helen

Thanks Helen, but binned that old passport about 15 years ago...

NZIS can be sticky when documents don't meet their required standards.

I had quite the to and fro with them over my birth certificate, I only have the little plastic one. They wanted to see the original long form A4 one. As I am adopted, I have never seen or had possession of that, and I can't get it now. They were undeterrred, wrote back again to say I had to produce it. It turns out Canada doesnt issue those original ones anymore anyway. In the end I had to go to the government adoption files and get a copy of my adoption order, and a notarized letter saying I am who I say I am. It was a bit silly as the person who notarized the letter was a JP who had not known me as a child, so not sure how that helped, but in the end they accepted it.

So hope they accept your documents, but I would add anything I could find that verifies her maiden and married names.

Gloria

I don't believe it... I found my OHs passport, can't believe I kept it. Hopefully this should be enough as the marriage certificate just had our 1st names on, no wonder they queried it.

Should be ok as they accept my birth certificate (as I was born in jamaica) too which just a piece of paper with my name, very small information in it!!

Where about did you got married in Jamaica?

Alternatively (or possibly additionally) copy of birth certificate with original name on and new passport with new name, both with same DoB ?

N&P, we got married in Negril on the beach, seems such a long time ago now. Loved Jamaica, it's a bit pricey now though for a holiday with 6 in the family.
    I emailed NZQA today and sent a pdf of the scanned pages of my OHs old passport which should be OK for the name change.

So I email a pdf of my OH latest scanned passport and get a nice message back that the person dealing with my request has gone on holiday till 8th June!!!!
    I've paid for fastrack which now seems was a waste of time.