Thread: qualification equivalent

Default qualification equivalent

Hi
    I have sent details of my qualifications off to nzqa to be assessed but was curious as to feedback as its a bit unclear:

Completed Courses
    Course name Grade Completed
    The Financial Services Environment Merit Pass 14/10/2004
    Mortgage Payment Methods and Products Merit Pass 03/11/2004
    Mortgage Law, Policy, Practice and Markets Pass 03/11/2004
    Mortgage Arrears and Post-Completion Issues Pass 03/11/2004
    Assessment of Mortgage Advice Knowledge Pass 10/11/2004
    Mortgage Applications (English/Welsh) Merit Pass 10/11/2004

Now it says on an english assessment site:

All qualifications / designations were assigned a level based on an analysis which was completed by UK NARIC, a national DfES agency which provides guidance on levels of international qualifications (academic, vocational and professional). UK NARIC used a well established benchmarking process (the establishment of standards and levels) that it applies to all qualifications. This involves the analysis of a number of factors including:

Entry requirements
    Content
    Learning outcomes (ie what the candidate will be expected to achieve upon completion of the course)
    Occupational outcomes
    Professional status
    Qualification progression

then goes on to say:

Financial Advisers with Level A qualifications have a broad-based understanding of the financial services industry. Advisers qualified at this level are able to use their knowledge and skills to advise consumers on a range of financial products, including pensions, investments and protection (life and health). Level A qualifications provide eligibility for membership with a professional body. All members must follow a code of conduct specific to the professional body. Level A qualifications are equivalent to A level standard

Now I cant believe that all 6 courses equal 1 A level as the exams are really difficult to pass and many have to retake them 3 or 4 times and take years. Does this mean I have the equivalent of 6 a levels?
    what do you think NZQA will make of them?

regs
    neil

ive just had a speedy email back from NZQA who have assessed at a level 4.
    does this mean that i get 50 points? it looks like i do as long as i have experience as an "insurance agent"
    when i sent off, i only included "certificate in mortgage advice and practice" on the form and not the break down of the six individual courses that combine to make that. does this mean that they have taken a cursory glance, seen the word certificate and bashed level 4 on it? my wife has a diploma in typewriting which she pointed out is obviously lots lower than professional qualifications. if would be ace if i could get 50 points for it as i can then whack an EOI in without a job offer.
    help!!!