Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does the driver of the blue car have to give way

Question Does the driver of the blue car have to give way

Can someone help please I've been doing the on line car theory test, and there seems to no rhyme or reason to this question. When I think it must be no it's yes, and when I think the blue car has to give way or there will be so many crashes its no. I can't work this out at all, or am I just being dumb.

Oh I feel your pain as am studying for theory test now Everything else about test is fine for me but this give way thing is very strange - I'm developing a complex about blue cars now too The ENZ learner drivers thread has some further explanations on it too that forumites helpfully posted so you could try there

Best of luck
    Karen

Oh no I've just bought a blue car
    Will everyone have to give way to me now?

Best rule of thumb... assume nobody else knows the rules and will run into you if you aren't attentive.

Im also in the learning stages - and find Im so nervous on these road - find myself giving way to everyone and all blue cars!!!
    Jayne

The easiest way I find to remember it is this:

If there is a car turning to go across you from your right then you must give way to it (like you would waiting to get out at a roundabout - cars coming from right have priority).

For the ones at junctions this rule works as well EXCEPT - check the road markings! No markings (or both roads marked the same) then above rule applies; single line across road means give way; double line means stop. Give way has priority over stop for who should go first i.e. if you are at a stop line you must give way.

Make any more sense? No? thought not.

At least I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyBeardyBloke View Post
    The easiest way I find to remember it is this:

If there is a car turning to go across you from your right then you must give way to it (like you would waiting to get out at a roundabout - cars coming from right have priority).

For the ones at junctions this rule works as well EXCEPT - check the road markings! No markings (or both roads marked the same) then above rule applies; single line across road means give way; double line means stop. Give way has priority over stop for who should go first i.e. if you are at a stop line you must give way.

Make any more sense? No? thought not.

At least I tried.
    If there is single YELLOW line, it mean STOP as well as double yellow. Single WHITE line is give way, don't want you get mix up with two different type of single line in two different colour!

I had exactly those same issues when I was looking at the online theory test. It's the thing that is stopping me applying for my NZ licence. Ironically my husband is a kiwi and he gets the answers wrong too, but of course he already has his licence

The law is changing, if it hasn't already, I'm led to believe, that if you are from UK you don't even need to do the theory test any more, you can just convert your licence.

I think that's true, sure PP told me that recently, or did I dream it?

Must be on DoT site somewhere......

I heard it was changing but I don't know if it has yet. I must admit I was hoping for that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast