Thread: birth certificate numbers

Default birth certificate numbers

I notice on our little birth certificates that the numbers for the EOI are different to the big certificate my wife also has. which number do you put down?
    i dont have a big certificate and know i need to order one but can i put the small certificate number down at the EOI stage and get the large certificate for the ITA or will the conflicting numbers cause problems?

Quote Originally Posted by victoria24 View Post
    I notice on our little birth certificates that the numbers for the EOI are different to the big certificate my wife also has. which number do you put down?
    i dont have a big certificate and know i need to order one but can i put the small certificate number down at the EOI stage and get the large certificate for the ITA or will the conflicting numbers cause problems?
    You should use the full birth certificate number if you have it.

For the ITA you are allowed to change or amend any details that were submitted at the EOI stage so I can't see why there would be a problem as long as you remember to change it.

If you send off for the birth certificate now you may be able to amend the EOI before it is selected which would be even better.

Ian

thanks ian :-)

just a thought... does that mean employment dates dont have to be exact for the EOI? I was going to wait till tuesday to call my old employers but if i can whack the EOI in now, happy days!

Month and year are ok, doesn't have to be the exact date.....

But you will need the full birth certificate for your application as you have to put down parents and siblings details etc.