Thread: Looking for house to Rent in Howick area

Default Looking for house to Rent in Howick area

Hi,

Now we have a firm date for arrivel in Auckland, just thought it worth while asking if anyone knows of a house to rent in the Howick area from mid-March (Easter weekend) onwards for a 6 month period?

We are ideally looking for a 2 bedroom house - one with a bit of garden and a bit of character, that will allow us to have 2 cats (well behaved ) There is just my wife and I - no kids.

Would consider around the $350 level

Thanks for any help

Neil

Hi Niel,
    Ali and I plus Lucy age 4 live just by Howick ( its nice)

We got in touch with all major rental people but found all but one to be apathetic towards us i.e didn't return calls, showed us properties and didn't really seem to be interested whether we liked it or not etc that kinda stuff.

One however, stood out and was really nice and helpful - got our utiilities connected and phone etc rang to see how we were doing- recommended a nursery for our littlie etc . ... Ray whites Howick branch - Richard Fawcett.

We pretty much got sorted straight away by him and moved in when we wanted to ( 3 bed with gardens etc for $360 per week).

Are you planning to use a motel while you look - it is NOT advisable to take something without viewing as the usual short term lease is for 6 months!

If you are gonna use a motel I can give you the contact of the one we used ( paid for by my employers but reasonable anyway we stayed on an extra day $110) - has kitchen, lounge and bedroom plus mezzanine etc AND the owners are great and very helpful in those first couple of weeks - we stilll keep in touch and visit them etc.

Let me know how you go or if you need any help

Love
    Linda

OH BTW SEE YOU SOON!!!

Linda,

Thanks for that - I actually just sent an email to the general email address for Ray Whites in Howick, so will see what they reply. If nothing, then I will ring the week before we go and try to speak to that guy.

Yes - we are planning on having the first week in a motel, so your recommendation would be appreciated! You're right, I would never rent without looking first.

We really loved the feel of Howick, so really looking forward to finding something close by if possible.

Neil

Hi Niel ,
    We stayed at Grange Lodge motel, Papatoetoe you can find them on the web. Its about 10 mins from the airport , 15 mins from Auckland city and 20 Mins from Howick ( you could check it out on Wises maps available on the net.
    The owners are Pat and Berine and are lovely. I think you can contact them via the website but if not I will give you thier number. They tend to be full a lot so it'd be wise to book early.
    The facilities are basic but you have everything you need 2 ring cooker, Microwave , electric fry pan/slow cooker. lounge and dining area, bedroom, shower room amd mezzanine ( we had a family room which also had a bed in the lounge for Lucy) they will help you out NO END and they like a good natter and Pat loves the odd glass or wine.

We Honestly believe we had the best start possible being placed with them so My recomendation comes from the heart!

BTW the Spa is gone! ( you'll know what I mean when you check out the website)
    Please excuse my saying - go to the website and its on the net -- I have no clue how to put the link on the post ops: sad really when me hubby is MR TECHNICAL!

Hope this helps
    Love
    linda xx

http://www.goldenchain.co.nz/propert...amp;Property=7

here you go.