Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House for sale in Christchurch

Default House for sale in Christchurch

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=157260194

New house with CENTRAL HEATING!!

don't take too much notice of price as we are open to offers and "are willing to meet the market as they say"

thanks for looking
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by steve&carrie View Post
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=157260194

New house with CENTRAL HEATING!!

don't take too much notice of price as we are open to offers and "are willing to meet the market as they say"

thanks for looking
    Steve
    Good luck with it.....exactly what we are looking for when we move to South Island...sadly need to shift ours first in Wellington!!
    Good luck
    Debbie

Very nice, a bit out of our price bracket and a few months too early though.
    Good luck.

Lovely house, wrong bit of NZ for us though.

How do you all keep the houses so clutter free, advice welcome as I'm struggling here!!
    All the houses that come up are so tidy!!!

Mels

Hi Steve,

I've got a question for you since you're in this place of having a home with an asking price FAR above the rateable value (RV 210K, enquiries over 699K).

I know everyone wants to make a profit when they sell their homes but when the difference between RV and asking/selling price is so extreme...

- Potential buyers don't look at homes that could meet their needs or that they would buy in a heartbeat if not for the extreme price (they could pay RV or perhaps up to 30-50% over but not 300%)
    - It's setting up the NZ housing market for a huge crash as people get in way over their heads, default on their loans, etc.
    - Perhaps other problems can come about with such extremes but I'm not savvy on NZ housing market yet

So, why the enormous difference b/w RV and asking price?

Is this common practise in NZ?

Housing prices in NZ are closing in on US west coast housing prices...with nowhere near the salaries to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Mels View Post
    How do you all keep the houses so clutter free, advice welcome as I'm struggling here!! All the houses that come up are so tidy!!!

Mels
    I was wondering the same thing the other day as I was bumping around on TradeMe looking at houses...I would imagine that in many cases if you were able to look behind the photographer and an around her/his feet that you would see where it all goes for the snap of a photo!

Quote Originally Posted by migratory birds View Post
    I was wondering the same thing the other day as I was bumping around on TradeMe looking at houses...I would imagine that in many cases if you were able to look behind the photographer and an around her/his feet that you would see where it all goes for the snap of a photo!
    That's where mine all went.

Hi Steve,

I've got a question for you since you're in this place of having a home with an asking price FAR above the rateable value (RV 210K, enquiries over 699K).

I know everyone wants to make a profit when they sell their homes but when the difference between RV and asking/selling price is so extreme...
    I don't know in this specific case but rateable values are only set periodically e.g. every three years, so either the prices of the houses in this area will have increased by this amount since the last valuation.

Or, the house has been improved such that the valuation is now too low.

Ian

Hi Steve,

- Potential buyers don't look at homes that could meet their needs or that they would buy in a heartbeat if not for the extreme price (they could pay RV or perhaps up to 30-50% over but not 300%)
    - It's setting up the NZ housing market for a huge crash as people get in way over their heads, default on their loans, etc.
    - Perhaps other problems can come about with such extremes but I'm not savvy on NZ housing market yet

So, why the enormous difference b/w RV and asking price?

Is this common practise in NZ?

Housing prices in NZ are closing in on US west coast housing prices...with nowhere near the salaries to match.

Also, from what I know (which isn't much!), the RV is really not much to do with the value of the house....it is just the rate the council put on the property in order to work out your council rates.....and like mentioned above, it is only done every three years so mostly it is out of date. Ours has just chnaged from $260,000 to $415,000. So depending on when the council reviewed the rates depends on how acurate it is. But still it is nothing to do with the property market, just for the councils use - at the end of the day, your house is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it - same as anywhere else in the world.

I would suspect that the RV of $210k is just the land and not the house included.

DO NOT go by the RV's they mean nothing to what the property is really worth. As others have said it's just a council rating for the rates and are done every 3 years or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast