Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Running a Motel

Quote Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
    My ambition precisely!

BBB...guess who would be doing all the work when the Test Matches are on!
    Us Women!

Some people stay in motel management for years and love it, but it takes a certain mind-set to do this. I think you have to have be able to take pleasure in serving people regardless of the time of day, etc. Most of the people that were doing it long term and successfully didn't have children still at home, or were single.

We had a relief manager for the last year or so, she was single and had a circuit of regular customers that she would do on certain days of the week. If someone was on holiday she would stay for the whole time in the motel. If you wanted to work in motels I would strongly recommend getting a job as a manager for a year or so. This is valuable experience, and worth more than the pay packet. After that you will know if the job is for you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick88 View Post

We had a relief manager for the last year or so, she was single and had a circuit of regular customers that she would do on certain days of the week.
    The mind boggles
    I do apologise but I saw the funny side of this. Typical man I know

Quote Originally Posted by Nick88 View Post
    Some people stay in motel management for years and love it, but it takes a certain mind-set to do this. I think you have to have be able to take pleasure in serving people regardless of the time of day, etc. Most of the people that were doing it long term and successfully didn't have children still at home, or were single.

We had a relief manager for the last year or so, she was single and had a circuit of regular customers that she would do on certain days of the week. If someone was on holiday she would stay for the whole time in the motel. If you wanted to work in motels I would strongly recommend getting a job as a manager for a year or so. This is valuable experience, and worth more than the pay packet. After that you will know if the job is for you or not.
    Great piece of advice there. Thanks. We're looking into it now rather than commit to something we may not like.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline and Dave View Post
    The mind boggles
    I do apologise but I saw the funny side of this. Typical man I know
    Dave, behave!

Quote Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
    Dave, behave!

Lockstock, just being nosy, wondering what you decided to do.

Well, we spoke to a few people and found out that apart from buying the lease you also get stung for massive fees. It was too much of a risk. So we're looking at boarding kennels and catteries now...

Oh, and i was just going to ask for a resident room in your motel too, but dont fancy a kennel so much....

Quote Originally Posted by Leccy-Lee View Post
    Oh, and i was just going to ask for a resident room in your motel too, but dont fancy a kennel so much....
    We'd make room for you any time Lee! and not in a kennel!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast