Thread: Computer Engineering/IT jobs in Christchurch

Default Computer Engineering/IT jobs in Christchurch

Hi,
    We are planning to move to NZ by Jan 09. Our preffered destination is Christchurch, but this is all dependent on OH getting a job (we don't want to move until he has secured a job). So I was wanting to know what the job market is like for Hardware/Software Developers (OH has a PhD) in Christchurch?? What companies could we contact?? And what is the average salary??

Quote Originally Posted by melly View Post
    Hi,
    We are planning to move to NZ by Jan 09. Our preffered destination is Christchurch, but this is all dependent on OH getting a job (we don't want to move until he has secured a job). So I was wanting to know what the job market is like for Hardware/Software Developers (OH has a PhD) in Christchurch?? What companies could we contact?? And what is the average salary??

have a look at www.seek.co.nz
    and also do a search on Hudsons in New Zealand

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by melly View Post
    Hi,
    Might be worth looking at the Hays Salary survey 2008 thread.

To give you an idea of the average salaries.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I am looking at the Hays 2008 survey, the salary for ERP in NZ-Auckland is about 110,000 or 85,000 to 130,00. May I know are them still follow the salary scheme here or can be lesser then that.

I have been through 2 rounds of interview and chances of getting the job offer is very high. Next round will be with HR to negotiate the salary, can I request as per the survey salary? Will it be too high or just right? For your inform, I will be based in Auckland.

I need some advice.

well it wouldn't hurt to use that as a guideline, since they can't really argue with it