Thread: Posting parcels from UK to NZ

Default Posting parcels from UK to NZ

My MIL has finally given me the contact details of the company she uses to post stuff to us. The company usually use either Fedex or DHL, but are way cheaper than their normal rates (and alot cheaper than Royal Mail too). Also, most stuuf arrives on our doorstep within about 4 days of being picked up from hers in UK

parcels2go.com
    0870 121 2101

They will ask for weight, dimensions and address and will pick parcel up from you.

Her last rather heavy parcel to us cost £30 to post when parcelforce wanted to charge her £80.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post
    My MIL has finally given me the contact details of the company she uses to post stuff to us. The company usually use either Fedex or DHL, but are way cheaper than their normal rates (and alot cheaper than Royal Mail too). Also, most stuuf arrives on our doorstep within about 4 days of being picked up from hers in UK

parcels2go.com
    0870 121 2101

They will ask for weight, dimensions and address and will pick parcel up from you.

Her last rather heavy parcel to us cost £30 to post when parcelforce wanted to charge her £80.
    The only dealings I had with this company was when I was trying to get a quote for them to collect and deliver a Silver Cross pram - they never responded and I sent 2 requests off (these were online, I never phoned, so may have had better luck if I'd called)

Lx

Great thanks good to know
    I'd rep you but it says I need to spread it around

I just did a quote and it was promising! Air NZ said it costs 150 for every extra piece of luggage going through the states...so I'll have to contemplate which is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post

parcels2go.com
    0870 121 2101

Could you give us a clue as to what was in your parcel if it's not too personal, so we can guesstimate the weight? I would like some M&S clothing sent over if poss, but wouldn't burden my friend if the cost to post is too excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by LesleyS View Post
    Could you give us a clue as to what was in your parcel if it's not too personal, so we can guesstimate the weight? I would like some M&S clothing sent over if poss, but wouldn't burden my friend if the cost to post is too excessive.
    Not a problem......large ugly pewter dragon, several kids books & colouring books, lots of pens, glue sticks and craft paper, several large tubs of smellies, wooden building blocks, several kids wooden instruments, CD's, some kids clothing etc. Lots of realtively heavy items.

Make sure your friend puts 'gift' on the customs declaration form so you don't get stumped for import tax, or post in a couple of separate parcels if expensive stuff.

Thanks for this FoM got both the boys birthdays coming up and grandparents seem to be getting very worried about postage costs so this gives them good alternative to suss out

Karenx

P.S. Can't rep you as have got to spread it round - so frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by peebles16 View Post
    Thanks for this FoM got both the boys birthdays coming up and grandparents seem to be getting very worried about postage costs so this gives them good alternative to suss out

Karenx

P.S. Can't rep you as have got to spread it round - so frustrating
    Another idea is to get relatives to give Amazon vouchers.....then they can choose anything they want for birthdays and you could pay postage if it is a worry.....nothing from Amazon UK or Amazon.com ever costs very much to get delivered.