Thread: Exchange rates!

Default Exchange rates!

Does anyone know what's behind the sudden surge in the UKP to NZD exchange rate?

Looking at the 5 day range on yahoo, the low was around 2.49 on 3-June and the high today was 2.60. I can't see anything in the financial news to explain what's driving this.

I'm sure there was a suggestion that interest rates were going to fall, but then I'm not a financial person so may have the wrong end of the stick.

Lx

Yes, NZ interest rates are expected to start falling in September. As to the exchange rates, way to go!

watch this space!

The ideal situation is for the UK house market to stabilise again, interest rates here to go up slightly, we all sell our houses quickly, the NZ interest rate falls and, you never know, we might be pushing towards the 3 dollar mark again.

Aahhh - the stuff that dreams are made of.

In the interim, have a look at some of the Bloomberg reports about the New Zealand dollar along with their reports on the NZ housing market.

Fingers crossed.

We exchanged some funds on Thursday and got 2.52. Shame we needed it then otherwise we could have got more.Thankfully it was the major chunk so fingers crossed it keeps going up for September