Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Salaries in IT

Default Salaries in IT

Does anyone have a link to information about current salaries in the IT area.

I have more than 10 years experience in IT from user support and training to networking and systems integration.

Just wondered what salaries might be on offer. Is NZ$ 125,000 unrealistic ?

Default Re: Salaries in IT

Quote Originally Posted by curious
    Does anyone have a link to information about current salaries in the IT area.

I have more than 10 years experience in IT from user support and training to networking and systems integration.

Just wondered what salaries might be on offer. Is NZ$ 125,000 unrealistic ?
    Hi CUrious

I have 30 years in IT, the past 15-20 as Programme/Project Manager and I was under the impression that my expectation should be in the range $80,000 - $125,000

If I got $125,000 I guess I'd be very happy

good luck to you

cheers

alex

Try this page: www.hays.co.nz and look for the salary survey they have. I'd say 125.000 is a bit unrealistic if you have no management experience, at least judging from that page and what I've seen is being offered on the various job sites. But you never know, you might hit it lucky.

nisse

Default Survey

Thanks for the link, sadly was unable to locate the survey page though :?

One last quick question. With a salary of say NZ$ 100,000 would you be able to have a good standard of living ? (Married, with 1 young kid and another on the way)

You would have a very good standard of living with 100k. Check out the calculator on the home page here.

I don't know what field of IT you are in but the IT work situation generally isn't too good here. theres a lot of people competing for even jobs at the $55k level.

Default IT in NZ

Thanks for the info everyone.

Just to give an idea of where I am coming from and why I am asking, I am currently living and working in Germany, where taxes and the cost of things like accommodation are astronomical. My wife loses 67% of her salary to tax !

Between us we earn around the equivalent of NZ$ 220,000, which from what I read is not going to be possible to get in NZ. I was just wondering how much of a salary cut we could take and still have a decent standard of living and even consider buying a home perhaps.

We've been on a similar salary rate for the past 8-10 yrs too curious and we don't expect to get anything NEAR this in NZ.... in fact, we would be happy to get between NZ$50 - 70K for work in the Christchurch region.

It's alot different out there with regards to salaries!!

Before they deciding to reduce staffing levels I almost hooked a Product managers job in Christchurch for a multi-national networking company and would have been on $70k. I think a more realistic range for you to look at is between $50 - $70k. With regards to standards of living it all depends what you are used to, our gross income will be much smaller but we won't have a huge mortgage.

We have friends who live very comfortably in Blenheim, I think their combined income is around $70 - 80k with 2 children.

The above figures may be different for Auckland and wellington though, these are more the IT "hotspots" than Christchurch.

Cheers,

Mark.

Is the job market really that slack in Christchurch? I look at the seek website every now and again and it doesnt look too bad.

I have several years experience in Web Development and Application Programming for a large national firm. I was kind of hoping that there would be jobs available...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast