Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supertub - what is it??

Default Supertub - what is it??

I have seen many houses that come with washing machine taps but some say 'supertub' - what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by nickydwuk View Post
    I have seen many houses that come with washing machine taps but some say 'supertub' - what is it?
    Supertub

Ian

Thanks for the link Ian. Not very clear how it works. Is it just a glamourised sink - how do you connect your washing machine to it?

Thanks for the link Ian. Not very clear how it works. Is it just a glamourised sink - how do you connect your washing machine to it?
    Yes, just a fancy sink.

Under the sink (open the door) there are connectors for the washing machine inlet and also the outlet. You can also store washing powder etc in the cupboard part.

You can then use the top as a sink e.g. to pre-soak the washing.

You may have noticed there are 4 tap controls but only 1 tap, two control the water out of the tap and the other two control the washing machine inlets.

Ian

Excuse me for being thick but if the connections for the washing maching are under the sink do you have to connect the machine everytime you want to use it or is there an opening for the pipes to go and stay connected?

No Nicky, the taps on top of the unit control the water to the machine if I remember correctly, the pipes stay connected.

You also have normal taps for filling the sink or tub.

They are useful, usually installed in a laundry room separate from the kitchen.

Thanks Steve.

if you want the any more basic its off down the riverbank with your
    bundle on your head

Excuse me for being thick but if the connections for the washing maching are under the sink do you have to connect the machine everytime you want to use it or is there an opening for the pipes to go and stay connected?
    You may just be able to see it in the picture, but there are a couple of 'knock-outs' in the sides of the supertub that you can feed your pipes through, so yes you would leave them connected.

Ian

On my wish list is what it is. One day when we get time and money to renovate this house I'm going to get me one of those. If you live by the sea and you have endless children's clothes full of sand to rinse out they are great.
    Debbie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast