Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any info on Tauranga and that area??

Default Any info on Tauranga and that area??

Hubby may have an offer for a job in Tauranga. We had not even looked at the North Island except Auckland. Anyone in th Tauranga area?

Any and all info and pix would be greatly appreciated. We have 4 kids-ages 14, 12, 4, and 2. So school info is needed also. Or if you know of good websites. I checked out a few, but was not that impressed with the lack of info.

Thanks!!
    Kids want to know how the beaches are and the weather.

Terry

This is a start. It has live web-cam link overlooking the main beach etc. as well as shopping info etc. etc etc.

http://www.citynews.co.nz/index.php

You could check some of these out too if you like;

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:29 am Post subject: Useful links

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.tauranga.co.nz
    www.tauranga.govt.nz
    www.tauranga.org.nz
    www.gotauranga.co.nz
    www.tauranga.citynews.co.nz
    www.tbc.school.nz/
    www.otumoetaicollege.co.nz
    www.tgc.school.nz
    www.taurangafestival.co

Terry

You could maybe get in touch with Jo B too. She's heading that way and is quite an authority on the location. She has family here too may be able to find out specific things for you.

We're heading to the Coromandel so we won't be a million miles away from you. It's a lovely part of the country with some cracking beaches. A couple of years ago we arrived in Tauranga late one night looking for a camp site (which we eventually found). The next morning we tried to leave and we couldn't find our way out of the town. Every turn brought us back to where we started ....... from that day on it's been known to us as The Black Hole !!!!!! It's a nice place though - I'm sure you'll like it.

Diny

We're heading there and enjoyed a visit last year. The beaches are fantastic and uncrowded, although they won't be if I keep singing its praises! : I believe it now has City status as the population is around 100,000 and growing. Has industry, leisure, immaculately clean town centre, and seems a great place to grow up. I wish we'd gone 20 years ago!

Hi,
    We are in Mount Maunganui. We've been here for all of 3 weeks but if you have anything specific you want to know just pm me, and I'll try to find out. Having fantastic time so far, but then the weather's great, and have spent most of my time Surfing!

Terry,

Lucky you. Tauranga is the fastest growing town in NZ. It has a pop off approxiamtely 100k.

it is where lots of Kiwi's go to holiday as there as it is one of the driest areas in NZ.

Bethlehem is a nice area, Pyes Pa is growing rapidly. It is a little lore expensive on the mount as it is nearer to the beach.
    Papamoa is V popular too.

try these links too.

http://www.taurangarealestateguide.co.nz/
    http://www.tki.org.nz/e/schools/grap...ranga_District

Tauranga is one of the areas Kiwi's most want to live (according to surveys :? )

Overall it is beautiful

Jo

This is a nice little spot just up the road from Tga.

http://www.katikati.org.nz/

Tauranga is just up the road from us - Rotorua looks enviously on all the growth that is happening up there as we wallow along! Coastal property has really gone mental in NZ over the last few years and Tauranga is booming - so plenty of diversions to spend your money if you like eating / drinking out etc. Also has one of the only big covered malls outside the biggest cities. Loads of housing development in recent years - though to my eyes they rather closely resemble a lot of the Barrat / Wimpy style developments of the UK - sections are pretty small and full of house. Town centre is clean and well stocked. Nice central location in NZ and gets good summers.

Default Tauranga

Hi Tate6 and All :cool

We've been living in Tauranga for about seven months now and really enjoy it. Having lived in San Diego it reminds me a lot of that area, only without the high prices and the crowds. Mount Maunganui reminds me of La Jolla...but still not as pricey or she-she.

Property prices are higher than most places, but they continue to appreciate while most areas of NZ are now flat so it's still a good investment. It's easy to get most anywhere, locally and around the country, has a nice airport and the weather is wonderful.

As Ruthy points out, there are plenty of things to do, nightlife, etc. and the people are very nice to boot.

Traffic is a bit of an issue during rush hour (seems like they are working on every road at the same time! ) but rush hour is just that, about an hour and then things settle down.

Schools are reported to be very good here, the air is clean and crime is low. It used to be known as "seizure world" for all of the retirees, but that is rapidly changing as the population continues to grow.

You can live in Tauranga proper or there are a lot of small communities both north and south.

We haven't visited every town but checked out a number of places on the North Island and decided to settle here. We can recommend it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast