Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you live in christchurch with kids in July?...

Talking Do you live in christchurch with kids in July?...

For new arrivals didn't know this, there is kidsfest during july half-term in Christchurch for kids.

http://www.kidsfest.co.nz/

Oooh sophia..... I work full time so miss most of it - but we are taking DD to the west melton observatory (sp) on the first Tuesday. They also have kids jetboating on the Waimak which I fancied, but we are trying to save some money and OH balked at the $25 each fee. I tried to explain that this was cheaper than normal, but no dice......

Our kids got brochures through via school and kindy and looks great We've got friends down from Wanganui for the first week of half term and they have 4 kids so think we'll be doing a lot of stuff. Fair bit of it seems to be free too

Karenx

Quote Originally Posted by wilson182 View Post
    Oooh sophia..... I work full time so miss most of it - but we are taking DD to the west melton observatory (sp) on the first Tuesday. They also have kids jetboating on the Waimak which I fancied, but we are trying to save some money and OH balked at the $25 each fee. I tried to explain that this was cheaper than normal, but no dice......
    Ohh, do you HAVE to have kids to go to the West Melton trip? Been meaning to go for yonks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moorf View Post
    Ohh, do you HAVE to have kids to go to the West Melton trip? Been meaning to go for yonks!!
    Helen, Take my son with you, if they allow 5 years old in? as I can't go in with youngest two , if you still want to go!

Ohhh, now that's a great idea!! I can't think of a better way to spend an evening than showing them the universe and seeing their eyes light up and answering their questions

My goodness, you trust me with your child!! We'll talk tomorrow morning - see you at 8.30am

See you tomorrow morning

Quote Originally Posted by wilson182 View Post
    They also have kids jetboating on the Waimak which I fancied, but we are trying to save some money and OH balked at the $25 each fee. I tried to explain that this was cheaper than normal, but no dice......
    I got in early and pre booked all my kids outings for the holidays - we are going on the jet boat ride!!hmm - middle of winter getting wet on a boat - not my idea of fun but hey - you only live once right!!

Tanya

Is it the Springfield one? I'll take my camera and watch from the "warm" riverbank

Quote Originally Posted by Moorf View Post
    Ohhh, now that's a great idea!! I can't think of a better way to spend an evening than showing them the universe and seeing their eyes light up and answering their questions
    On the subject.....are there any good places to get decent telescopes down there that are not at superinflated prices? Daughter very very interested in space and we promised to buy one once we get there so OH can show off his knowledge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast