Thread: Interest Free offers...

Default Interest Free offers...

Has anyone who has been in NZ for 6 months or less taken out interest free credit on items like furniture or electrical goods? I was wondering whether the length of time in NZ and/or lack of any previous credit history here would mean we couldn't take advantage of these offers... obviously I will also ask at the shops tomorrow too but wanted to see if anyone had experience of this....

Our plan is to put our $$ in a high interest account and pay out monthly interest free credit from there instead of paying for it all upfront.... we sold most of our furniture etc with our house so we will be starting from scratch (yay, shopping spree!).. :P

If you go to harvey norman, always ask for a 'deal' (they seem to be very flexible with price) and they give me 12 mths interest free and I dont work!!!

so you both (with all the jobs you keep nicking off us locals...not that I want to work!) should be fine.

You get a harvey norman card too, well cool!

*singing* Go Harvey Norman.. GO! I think that is where we went.. the one with the Freedom Furniture and Moorhouse Furniture shops in same complex? Great stuff there!

Well, if they'll give YOU a card then I guess they'll give anyone one!

they will give you 2 each!!!!

we buy from them alot (have taken the playstation back twice to be fixed, no probs and all free as under warranty etc nothing is a problem for them)
    cos of the low weekly payments..interest free. Like you I keep my money earning, and pay them out of the interest I earnt in that 12 mths! cos I am considerably richer than all of you.....

there sales are good, seem to give the stuff away.

have fun shopping, I can carry your bags marm
    Nic

Thanks for the offer but Jeeves is working this weekend

On a more serious note I think we'll have to do some canny work and first ask what they will charge for cash and then see what the interest free prices are (I'll be Mrs Smith and Woz can be Mr Jones ) as most shops just pile on more $$ to "interest free" purchases to cover their a***s...

Didn't I read on a post on the forum somewhere that you had to be a resident to get interest free deals. :? Something is lurking at the back of my mind. Where most things usually are

Sandra, that makes your mind sound like my cupboard under the stairs. theres masses lurking in there.