Thread: iPod repairs

Default iPod repairs

I've got an iPod (5th generation, 30 GB) that I bought last summer in the UK, and earlier this year it stopped working - it was still under warranty, but sadly the warranty was in the UK, and I'm not, so I just put it in its box and hoped it would spontaneously fix itself. .

Funnily enough, that doesn't seem to have worked, so can anyone recommend a company for repairing iPods? (I've tried to do the 5 Rs thing, but can't get past step 1 because the battery won't charge.) Preferably I'm looking for somewhere that doesn't cost the earth, and that I can send my Ipod off to, because I live in the middle of no where.

I have googled for a list of repairers, but ideally I'd like a personal recommendation (or a list of repairers I shouldn't touch with a barge-pole...)

Ta.

Hi Jojo,

I can definitely recommend Magnum Mac, which are an official/authorised reseller

www.magnummaconline.co.nz

I got an ipod touch in the US and the wifi wasn't working properly so the even though it was still under warranty, they were really good at keeping me up to date with the repair process. It took them 3 working days, even though the service guy told me they were backlogged. If your ipod isn't under warranty anymore, I think they'll let you know how much the cost will be to repair it before you make a decision.

I'm sure there is another company that does it as well, I will try to dig out the name and contact details as it should be on my home computer somewhere

Hope this helps,

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Jo View Post
    I've got an iPod (5th generation, 30 GB) that I bought last summer in the UK, and earlier this year it stopped working - it was still under warranty, but sadly the warranty was in the UK, and I'm not, so I just put it in its box and hoped it would spontaneously fix itself. .

Funnily enough, that doesn't seem to have worked, so can anyone recommend a company for repairing iPods? (I've tried to do the 5 Rs thing, but can't get past step 1 because the battery won't charge.) Preferably I'm looking for somewhere that doesn't cost the earth, and that I can send my Ipod off to, because I live in the middle of no where.

I have googled for a list of repairers, but ideally I'd like a personal recommendation (or a list of repairers I shouldn't touch with a barge-pole...)

Ta.

I recommend MagnumMac too. My video stopped working on my iPod, and they fixed it for a very reasonable rate and really quickly too. I used the branch in Newton Road, Auckland and they were so helpful to a technical dunce like me.