View Poll Results: Which Supermarkets do you think it is cheaper?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4corner (local)

0 0%
  • Foodtowns

1 1.59%
  • Woolworth

3 4.76%
  • New Worlds

6 9.52%
  • Pak'n'Save

41 65.08%
  • Countdown

12 19.05%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which supermarkets do you think it is cheaper?

Talking Which supermarkets do you think it is cheaper?

Follow on conversations with fellow forumee other days about food shopping and turn out we both agreed on one of supermarkets is cheaper, but I wondering others think, so which you think it is cheaper?
    I will be interesting what the outcome of polls will be...

This should be interesting as each shop sells products at different prices and by that I mean even the same supermarket sells the same products at different prices in different areas.

Ian

So whys no-one voting lol
    I shop at Countdown, only as i dont enjoy the Pak'n'save experience..

I'd say Pak nSave is cheapest, but Foodtown's my nearest and the one I usually shop at.

That said they're only two main Companies who corner 90% of the market in NZ - Foodtown/Woolworths/Countdown and PaknSave/New World/4 Square.

At least in the UK there's 4 big ones (Tescos, Asda, Sainsburys, Morrisons) so more competition even if Tesco are very dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Leccy-Lee View Post
    I shop at Countdown, only as i dont enjoy the Pak'n'save experience..
    I have to agree. I'm not normally a snob, but the Pak n Save experince isn't a good one for me I'm afraid.

I always had the same aversion in the UK to 'pile it high, sell it cheap' shops. Always cringed going in to a poundstretcher, kwik save or really cheap clothes shops. I definitely noticed the difference when Wal-Mart took over Asda.

The 2 dollar shop does the same for me as well.

Can't explain it, and I do still go in those places, but never feel comfortable in there and can't wait to get out.

This is very interesting.
    A few weeks ago I decided to put Pak'nsave and New World to the test and bought exactly the same items over 2 weeks . the result was Pak'n save $ 71.86 New World $74.98

So I saved just over 3 dollars in Pak'nsave but it took me twice as long to get around, the staff never seem to know where anything is and then you have to pack everything yourself whereas New World do it all for you,so I would say that New World do work out cheaper when you consider time saved etc.

I've voted for Countdown as it seems cheaper for me when I do big shops but I have to add to that the drive to Kaipoi That said I do use New World and Woolies for in-between stuff and don't notice a huge difference in prices. I'm another who can't do Pak'n'Save mainly cos I'm too short to reach anything up on those blooming shelves

Karenx

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline and Dave View Post
    This is very interesting.
    A few weeks ago I decided to put Pak'nsave and New World to the test and bought exactly the same items over 2 weeks . the result was Pak'n save $ 71.86 New World $74.98

So I saved just over 3 dollars in Pak'nsave but it took me twice as long to get around, the staff never seem to know where anything is and then you have to pack everything yourself whereas New World do it all for you,so I would say that New World do work out cheaper when you consider time saved etc.
    Especially when you got three kids on tow, New Worlds win me over! as it is nightmare to pack yourself....
    Also New Worlds' coupon card and flybuys points make it more cheaper then Pak'n'save

I liked shopping at countdown but Packandsave was cheaper..

Ive voted Countdown as they do seem the most reasonable at the moment. Mind, saying that - you dont seem to get much these days anywhere! Ours today are promoting the One Card that usually only Woolworths do......... I do miss my Tesco Clubcard!

Just spent $160 for the 3 of us, and know i will be back over in week for few fresh things and that will be another $40+...................

Pak and Save are nice but always so so busy then you gotta pack youre own stuff............gone lazy!

Went to new New World last week and spent over $250............could have cried! They have some fab stuff and usually go there for a 'treat' now and again as i am lethal there...........

Sharon x

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast