Thread: Jeyes Fluid

Default Jeyes Fluid

I am no expert in the above substance but have found when cleaning things that it leaves a dry residue behind, have other found this and those that have made the move, has this residue been an issue with MAF?

Thanks

Alan

Right have decided to abandon the Jeyes and am pressure washing everything that needs it until it is spotless instead!

no problem with the Jeyes, the smell is enough to ward off even the most zealour MAF man/woman

We never had a problem with the Jeyes either - just took a million hand washes to get rid of the smell on my mitts!

Never had a problem....also shipping company told us that when MAF inspectors smell the stuff on item, they only give them cursory glance rather than detailed inspection. Don't know if this is true or not, but was told same thing by 3 different companies while getting quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post
    Never had a problem....also shipping company told us that when MAF inspectors smell the stuff on item, they only give them cursory glance rather than detailed inspection. Don't know if this is true or not, but was told same thing by 3 different companies while getting quotes.
    Yes, I was told the same thing...mmm, wonder if shipping companies have shares in Jeyes?

Slightly off topic, but I am having trouble finding some! I have tried Tesco, Homebase, B&Q...googled it and apparently Wilkinson's stock it but ours is difficult to get to. Can someone tell me where else it is stocked?

perhaps the shipping companies have bought a job lot ?

Just bought some in Robert Dyas !

B&Q in the garden department or garden centres as used in animal housing and to clean down paths, pretty nasty staff really!

Just bought some...just the spray though, not the tin, hope that'll be enough! It was on special in Wilkinson's - bargain!

And yes, I agree it does seem like pretty nasty stuff!