Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday song?

Smile Happy Birthday song?

Was just wondering, out there in NZ do you sing 'Happy Birthday to you' etc as we do in the UK or is there a NZ version?

Moving on a few months...what about Christmas Carols...'See amid the winters snow' obviously a bit odd
    plenty of sheep for 'While shepherds' though

I do like a good sing song at C'mas...

How come Ive got a little blue tick thingy next to title?
    have I clicked something to get it or has someone labled me
    is it good or bad? ...Bit worried now

Quote Originally Posted by tea drinker View Post
    How come Ive got a little blue tick thingy next to title?
    have I clicked something to get it or has someone labled me
    is it good or bad? ...Bit worried now
    Nothing to worry about. If you hover over the tick it says 'Go to first new post' so it's just a tool to save you trawling through posts you've already read and ensures you don't miss anything.

If you hover over the blue tick you will see it ways you are now subscribed to this thread - which means you will be notified when someone adds a message to the thread

Being a very "english" country - we sing all the usual winter carols and Happy Birthday is the same too. (and send out xmas cards with snow on them!)

Tanya

I play keyboard in retirement homes and every week I have to play Happy Birthday. They also love to sing to the old songs which are typically British like Daisy,long way to Tipperary etc. You also have Coronation Street and Emmerdale over here although it is over a year behind.
    Its amazing what you pick up re this forum. I have just found out through trial and error that the green blob next to your name goes blue when you are off line and everyone on line has a green blob and everyone offline a blue blob
    Last edited by Dave in NZ; 1st July 2008 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline and Dave View Post
    Its amazing what you pick up re this forum. I have just found out through trial and error that the green blob next to your name goes blue when you are off line and everyone on line has a green blob and everyone offline a blue blob
    Well I've been on hewre for two years and didn't know that - dohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

They also sing the national anthem (NZ one) a lot here - especially in school, felt very embarrassed the first couple of assemblies i went to and didn't know the words - so got the kids to teach it me quick!

Quote Originally Posted by marcia View Post
    Well I've been on here for two years and didn't know that - dohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
    Time flies Marcia, according to your stats you have been on this forum over 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline and Dave View Post
    Time flies Marcia, according to your stats you have been on this forum over 3 years
    Oh yeah - senile dementure setting in - we've been in NZ for nearly two years so must have been on here for longer - think I'll hop back into bed and see if my brain is still there!!

With my son's birthday today, his kindy did leaving party (starting school tomorrow!)/5th birthday celebration for him. They sing happy birthday as normal as we know plus they did counting, each candles in a pot, in maori! (I didn't know my son can count numbers up to 10 in maori )

I shall have to learn this to keep up with my grandchildren, I can see!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast