Thread: Staying in Dunedin...or maybe not

Default Staying in Dunedin...or maybe not

OK, ok I wasn't to know it is a big rugby weekend in Dunedin the same weekend we want to come down to visit, was I?? Now there seems to be no room at the Inn for us, well the Motel actually.

Can anyone suggest somewhere we can stay for a week, yes including the weekend of the rugby, so I can attend a job interview the following Tuesday. We want to do a bit of recce of the area so don't want to be too far out.

Cheers for any advice in advance
    Jeannie

Hi Genie

Not sure how much help I'll be as not there yet! Have accepted a job there so googled the area....came up with this which I found quite helpful....

http://www.cityofdunedin.com/city/?page=about_moving

What area of work are you in? Good luck with the interview....

Sue n Kev
    xx

Good luck Genie. It was nice to meet you last weekend. Hope all goes well for you in Dunedin. Julie

We're in the same boat, we were going to come over for the weekend, bit we're having a cpl of days there midweek instead.

No help I guess

Quote Originally Posted by SNK05 View Post
    What area of work are you in? Good luck with the interview....

Sue n Kev
    xx
    Hi there, I'm in the mental health field of work, and am looking to begin working with a Primary Health Organisation in Otago, fingers crossed.

Well we gave up on finding somewhere to stay over on the Saturday night. Seems we have been defeated by the rugby. But we have found from the Sunday an absolutely beautiful place to stay, overlooking Macandrews Bay. It's a little cottage, self contained, with a view to die for. Have a look here
    http://owenshemansky.brinkster.net/d...omodation.html Very nice!!

Thanks Julie for your kind wishes, it was good to meet with you and yours too.

Jeannie

I'm sure you'll be fine...

I'm in the mental health field of work, and am looking to begin working with a Primary Health Organisation in Otago, fingers crossed.
    I'm a registered nurse, Learning Disability. I've accepted a job in Dunedin (Otago DHB) working in the field of Intellectual Disability and Mental Health...can't wait! Just hoping that the medical results come back ok and our ITA is approved. Hope to be out there within the next couple of months!

Once again, good luck

Sue

I can't see you getting a bed for the weekend (Fri-Sat nights) at this late stage.

Can I suggest changing your itinerary to visit the Catlins, Queenstown/Wanaka or Oamaru for 1-2 days in the middle of your planned visit? Accomodation should be no problem in those places. You can be back in Dunedin by lunchtime Sunday to catch a few open homes (if that is your plan).

Hope it goes well!