Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Washing Powder

Default Washing Powder

Hi all, I mentioned very briefly in a previous thread that I thought I had bugs in the house.

I went to the doctor today and it turns out they're not insect bites but that I am allergic to something I've encountered since I moved to NZ (2 months ago). I've never had any problems with allergies before so it's definitely something here. There is no way to know what I am allergic to apart from trial and error.

I have a funny feeling it may be the washing powder as I remember reading here before that posters found the washing powder irritated their kids' skin. I thought I'd ask here for advice on which washing powder would be mildest? Did anyone find one for sensitive skin? I haven't seen any anywhere.

Also, if anyone else has found themselves strangely allergic to something after moving to NZ, I'd love to hear about it!

My wife has a reaction with every powder available at the supermarkets! We spend a fortune at the English Corner Shop to get them to bring Bold in for her from the UK. She's worth it though

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by neilw71 View Post
    My wife has a reaction with every powder available at the supermarkets! We spend a fortune at the English Corner Shop to get them to bring Bold in for her from the UK. She's worth it though

Neil
    Oh dear. I was afraid I might get answers like that!

Generally Ecostore powder and Amolin liquid are meant to be the kindest to skin, and they are both in the supermarkets, might be worth a try?

Oooh, this is a timely thread. We've got a front loader and there doesn't seem to be as much choice of washing powder for those as there is for top-loaders (not where we live, anyway).

Has anyone tried washberries in their wash? Do they work?

http://www.scarecrowfarm.co.nz/index1.html (click on laundry)

Ecostore laundry liquid is good for sensitive skin, suitable for front-loaders as well as top loaders, gives good results and is also good for if you live out in the wop-wops and have a septic tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Derv View Post
    Ecostore laundry liquid is good for sensitive skin, suitable for front-loaders as well as top loaders, gives good results and is also good for if you live out in the wop-wops and have a septic tank.
    Be careful if you have problems with peanuts/nuts... see this post
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....light=ecostore
    because my toddler reacted to this products, make her ezcema flare up and new itchy rash on bottom!! (she wear pants)

Thanks for the link Sophia - I missed that thread somehow.

Persil non bio's fine with me.

i find the B.E.E washing powder is a lot less irritating (and better for the environment) than some other powders i used and washes clothes well.
    http://www.bee.net.nz/laundrypowder.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast