Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPVC double glazing in NZ

Default UPVC double glazing in NZ

Have just posted this on another thread, but thought it would be intersting to start a new one here.

We are planning to get UPVC windows when we finally get house built as we don't want aluminium frames (and all that condensation ) and they are still cheaper than the wood/aluminium composite windows here in NZ. So far we have found a few companies who import to NZ.....

http://www.eurowindows.co.nz/index.html

http://www.epcsheerframe.co.nz/7895/html/page.htm

Thought this might be useful to anyone considering replacement windows, or if anyone has any other window companies to add

Totally agree with you on aluminium frames; not only do they have major condensation problems, but even if they are so-called "double-glazed" there's no thermal break in the frame. Plus, in my view, they always look like greenhouse windows.

uPVC is the only way to go and there are an increasing number of companies who make them here in NZ, both for new build and for retro-fit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Derv View Post
    Totally agree with you on aluminium frames; not only do they have major condensation problems, but even if they are so-called "double-glazed" there's no thermal break in the frame. Plus, in my view, they always look like greenhouse windows.

uPVC is the only way to go and there are an increasing number of companies who make them here in NZ, both for new build and for retro-fit as well.
    Do you know of any other companies who supply them on 'the mainland'?

Talk to Dagmar at NK Windows in Chch - www.nkwindows.co.nz - she's excellent on all the technical aspects and so are the company's windows.

And I should have added that they do low-e and argon-filled options too. And woodgrain effect, as well as white or ivory. And they also retro-fit.

And no I don't work for them!!!

When I saw the title of this thread I thought someone was going to ask if they could bring theirs with them from the UK!

Might make the house even harder to sell

Quote Originally Posted by Derv View Post
    Talk to Dagmar at NK Windows in Chch - www.nkwindows.co.nz - she's excellent on all the technical aspects and so are the company's windows.

I would also advise looking at having tinted glass put in, the sun is very strong over here and can soon fade your carpets and upholstery - unless you LIKE having net curtains

We have had our windows covered with a special tinting film - not cleap and speaking to a building friend of ours would have been about the same price to have had the tinted glass - (the people who had the house build possibly couldn't afford either option and perhaps thought net curtains were nice )

Anyway just another option to think about for those people having houses built or changing existing windows!

LOL - you evidently have the same love of net curtains as I do myself.

Hi
    I've tried these sites and Safari can't find the server. I also tries various google searches. Could they have moved and are now under a different address?
    Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast