Thread: can you sumbit EOI without IELTS

Default can you sumbit EOI without IELTS

Hi

I want to know if you can submit an EOI without an IELTS result even if you need an IELTS to prove your English capabilities?

Reason being is that we can only write the test in 3 months time, they are all fully booked!!!

Cheers
    Jamie

Hi,

I know that if you say that you're going to prove your english proficiency through IELTS, you're required to enter the code of your exam.

But I think It'd be OK if you choose another option, like "a recognised qualification from a course taught entirely in English", and then send you IELTS result after receiving the ITA.

English is also not my first language. I submitted EOI without IELTS and it was still selected on points. However, just to be safe, I still booked for IETS at the same time as well in anticipation that it will be required when I receive ITA. At least doing it like this saved me some time, because the waiting period for IELTS and ITA can run concurrently now.

beater's on spot. it's not required to have IELTS when submitting the EOI. i selected "a recognised qualification from a course taught entirely in English" first to get the points on EOI process. however, my first language is not english, and the university i attended does not conduct all courses in english. i took the IELTS and passed it along my ITA. 'works fine.

is it OK too, if I have an IELTS test but already expired ?
    the total band score is 6.5 but it almost expired now. My first language is not English and my tertiary education isn't conducted in English also...

is it OK to submit EOI without an IELTS test, Yossarian ? and then what proof that they asked to you ?

hi susanty. yes it is totally fine to submit on-line EOI (but not ITA) without IELTS. just select "a recognised qualification from a course taught entirely in English" from listings regarding english language capability in the online application form.

doing this, you can get the points without having to take IELTS (which you definitely save you time if you want your EOI to go right now).

when selected and issued ITA, i suggest you seat for a new IELTS certification.