Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malcolm Pacific

Default Malcolm Pacific

Anyone use Malcolm Pacific as an agent? Any comments? Feel free to PM me if you do not want to discuss here. Thanks.

http://www.malcolmpacific.com/

I considered using them but they managed to put me off big time (IMHO!).
    Several years ago, when we were in the final throes of the application and our 3 yr wp was about to run out, I walked in to their office to see if they could be of any use to us. I was told by the receptionist that this was not how they worked and that I needed to make an appointment over the phone. So why do they have an office on Lambton quay (main shopping street in Welly) with a big billboard on the pavement. Anyway she got someone out of their office to talk to me and he was IMHO! very arrogant and condescending right from the start. He initially thought I was Irish and when I explained I was Dutch his English changed to the level of a 3 yr old. He wouldn't listen to my questions and kept repeating that I needed to sign up for the full service and that they would need to take us through the points calculator to see if we would qualify at all. When he finally managed to grasp that we had submitted our application 16 months previously with oodles of points and we only needed some help for the final hurdle, essentially a hurry up to INZ, he wouldn't even consider it. He then asked who our case officer was and did a "second hand car salesman inward breath through the teeth" when he heard who it was. He then more or less told me off for even considering doing the application ourselves and implied (still IMHO) that was most likely the cause of any problems we might be having and we probably wouldn't ever get PR without their help. He must have seen me glaring at him because he then said that I needed to bring my husband in (we're not married) and that he would explain it all to him and that he would understand why we needed his help!:
    He also mentioned that we would have to pay the full price, ie what they usually charged for the entire process, even though almost all the work was done as they had a reputation to uphold etc etc and implied again that as I had done all the work he'd probably need to do a lot of corrections!
    I think I told him that my "husband" didn't like being ripped off or talked down to anymore than I did and that we would not be requiring his services, ever!

Instead we used a lawyer who wrote one letter and PR was granted within a week. We'll never know ofcourse if INZ would have managed that without the lawyer's letter, they may well have, but it felt good to finally get it sorted.

As I said earlier, this is my personal experience and it was several years ago. They may well have changed the way they work and approach potential clients in a more pleasant manner with less of a hard sell and more flexibility in their services.

I am using Malcolm Pacific, but only due to the fact my process has had some complications and my employer has employed them on my behalf. They are not cheap !!

I have had no problems so far and they have been very good and helpful thus far, and my agent there is very helpful, and they do seem to have a fastrack into NZIS with timings. But i still only halfway so i let you know.

As many people here say though, if you can do the paperwork yourself with some forum members help then i would recommend not using any agents and doing it all DIY. As i say i was in unusual circumstances so had little option left.

Thanks for the replies. My situation has also become difficult where we are considering appeals etc - so yes - not something I would normally do either.

Aren't these guys headed up by some ex-head of NZIS? I don't know what they are like to work with, we considered them and decided against it. They were the agent that said I didn't qualify and we wouldn't qualify without a job for OH and that we should job hunt for him from the UK. We didn't want to take that route so went with another agent.
    Debbie

We used them when our son 'popped back to the UK' to see his mates. A few weeks turned into months and then four years so that when he tried to come home his RRV had expired and he was declined any visa other than a six month tourist. As all of his family (grandmother, uncles, aunts, cousins etc) are here we thought it would be a formality to reinstate his residency status, but no!!!

With absolutely no joy from NZIS, and with his extended tourist visa running out we turned to Malcom Pacific in Auckland for help and they literally had it sorted in just a few days. Yes it cost enough, but after nearly a year of desperate fighting with immigration it was well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    Aren't these guys headed up by some ex-head of NZIS? I don't know what they are like to work with, we considered them and decided against it. They were the agent that said I didn't qualify and we wouldn't qualify without a job for OH and that we should job hunt for him from the UK. We didn't want to take that route so went with another agent.
    Debbie
    I think it was an ex head of NZIS. Not sure. Thus far, happy with the bits done - early days yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by hball View Post
    We used them when our son 'popped back to the UK' to see his mates. A few weeks turned into months and then four years so that when he tried to come home his RRV had expired and he was declined any visa other than a six month tourist. As all of his family (grandmother, uncles, aunts, cousins etc) are here we thought it would be a formality to reinstate his residency status, but no!!!

With absolutely no joy from NZIS, and with his extended tourist visa running out we turned to Malcom Pacific in Auckland for help and they literally had it sorted in just a few days. Yes it cost enough, but after nearly a year of desperate fighting with immigration it was well worth it.
    Thanks - useful info.

They do not seem to take cases unless they will 'win', therefore happy that mine seems to be a no issue for them. Work visa will be sumitted this week hopefully and then follow on with our PR application after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Thanks - useful info.

They do not seem to take cases unless they will 'win', therefore happy that mine seems to be a no issue for them. Work visa will be sumitted this week hopefully and then follow on with our PR application after that.
    That appeared to be the case for us too. At our first meeting they studied all the paperwork before telling us they would take the case.

Malcolm Pacific was started by former Minister of Immigration 'Aussie' Malcolm after he left Parliament in 1984. The nickname Aussie relates to his country of origin.

Shawn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast