Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About the Police Certificate... Need advice

Exclamation About the Police Certificate... Need advice

hey everyone,

i have a question about the police certificate.. Here is what the NZ immigration says: (in bold)

Residence

* All applicants aged 17 years or over are required to provide police certificates at the time a residence application is lodged unless there is a different instruction in the country-specific information (see below).
    * If you have lived for periods of twelve months or more in any other countries during the last ten years, you must obtain additional police certificates from these countries, and also your country(ies) of citizenship unless you can provide satisfactory evidence that you have never lived there.
    * Police certificates must be less than six months old at the time you lodge your residence application.
    I'm going to apply for a residency under partnership policy soon. I've lived (studied) in London for 3.5 years but i'm living in Turkey for 2 years which i'm a Turkish citizen... So i'm no longer living in UK anymore but the NZ immigration is asking for a police certificate from every country that i lived more than 1 year ( highlighted in bold) so how am i suppose to get a police certificate from the met. police, when i'm not even living there, which also MUST be 6 months old?

I have a Certficificate of Registration (2 yrs old) for overseas students which i got from Home Office. I can submit a police certificate from Turkey but i'm no longer living in London and i left there in 2006.

What shall i do? do i still need the certificate from London

Cheers

Hi

This link will assist you

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by umutaydin View Post
    What shall i do? do i still need the certificate from London

Cheers
    Yes, you will still need a UK police certificate.

Use the link provided by michaeloliver which takes you to the form.

Ian

They can still provide a certificate as you would still be on record if you have been arrested in the past. They were quite quick with sorting mine out.....I believe that someone mentioned that if you want secured delivery for the returned certificate then you need to add a letter and extra funds to do this.

yes, i'm sure they can give you that. my case was different. having lived in hong kong for more than 2 years, i have to secure police clearance both in hong kong and the philippines. for hk police clearance, they will be forwarding the result directly to nz immigration. i'm not sure if this is the case for UK clearance. but if that's the case, allot more time for it because you're not sure whether UK will be prompt in forwarding the result.

hey,

thanks for the replies guys... Well i haven't been arrested in London but i haven't paid my last credit card bill, will that be a problem.
    So when i apply for a certificate from U.K. are they sending the documents straight to the NZ immigration or to my address? i'll probably be in NZ during my application... Which one u think is better?
    Well i still worry about my last credit card bill tho! hope it won't be a pain !!

Cheers

btw, the other thing is:
    Under partnership policy, do i have to apply for a work permit or a resident permit first? i heard that i have to wait for 2 years to apply for a residency first, under partnership policy. As someone told me before, i have to apply for a work permit and get a one for 2 years and after that i can apply for a residency... But do i still have to get a police certificate from London or just the country of my citizenship?

cheers,

Under the partnership policy, you apply for permanent residency straight away. If your application is successful (and most are), you are granted the right to remain indefinitely in NZ, and can work, i.e. you don't have to apply for a separate work visa.

When you are granted PR, you are also granted a Returning Resident's Visa, which means you are allowed back into NZ if you leave. The RRV is valid for two years after you are granted your first residence permit, i.e. from the first time you arrive in NZ after being granted your Permanent Residency Visa. After two years you can apply for either an Indefinite RRV, or another RRV, depending on how many days you have lived in NZ.

One possible advantage of applying for a Family Sponsored Work Permit is that the processing times are usually 1-2 months, whereas a Family Sponsored PR can take 1-15 months (depending on the time of year).

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by umutaydin View Post
    But do i still have to get a police certificate from London or just the country of my citizenship?

cheers,
    Yes, you will still need a police certificate from the UK.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast