Thread: NZ1146 - Form to support partner of work visa applicant

Default NZ1146 - Form to support partner of work visa applicant

We need to do a form for my wife as the partner of someone gaining a work visa () and it says that the form has to be signed in front of a notary public.

Has everyone that has done this paid a little and got a solicitor to sign this off or is there anyone else?

Thanks

Alan

assuming its the same as getting certified copies of documents then a solicitor is probably the cheapest route to go, unless you know any judges on a personal basis
    should only cost about a fiver

We had ours done by a JP and it was free - which was lucky as we ended up going back to them three times in the course of preparing our visas.

We got a Chartered Accountant to do ours...no probs.

We used our solicitor because she was dealing with the sale of our house at the same time and so it was just easier. She only charged us £15 for certifying and declaring true likeness's for 30 photocopies (10 each) of our passports, as well as witnessing me filling in the form to sponsor OH.

We used a notary public and she charged us £20 per document!!! (although she did tie each one up with a pretty red ribbon ) Based on that, I would suggest you try and get it signed by someone else. I believe a solicitor would be cheaper than a notary public.

Yes got this done after all at a local solicitor for only £5, thanks for all the advice.

We used a notary public... Fortunately, he was my middle school classmate!!! (and plans on migrating to NZ too!!!)