Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spot-a-sale!

Default Spot-a-sale!

In a similar vein to CJ22's excellent thread 'You want a what?', I thought we could have one for finding certain items in sales.

I always have a list of things I plan to get once they come on special, but I don't browse the shops very often, so I thought we could call on the might of the ENZ bargain hunters!

So I am looking for:

Self Adhesive Photo Albums - Auckland or Online

(they usually sell for between $30-$40, but I need quite a few, so looking to get them in a sale)

Thanks!

Cheers

Tia

Haven't looked specifically for photo albums Tia, but Paperplus got really good sale on with 50% off stock so maybe worth looking there - saved us a small fortune on birthday cards and wrapping paper this week

Karenx

Good one Tia
    I would like (get told off for saying need) a 3 wheel pushchair, cheapest I've seen is $200 also any recomendations would be good, a car seat for my 34 month old.
    any ideas as still new to NZ shopping

Buggy, if you want good quality look at trademe for 2nd hand Phil & Teds or Mountain buggys, for the MB look for urban rather than terrain, as they are easier to steer, the terrains are designed more for outside long walks, whereas the urban will cover all bases.

You can get cheaper buggys from

http://www.babyonline.co.nz/products...gers+%26+Prams

or

http://www.babyonthemove.co.nz/

the above site also sells car seats too.

booster seat depends how heavy your nearly 3 yr old is.... if she is a lightweight, then go for a Safe N Sound Maxi rider, as it has harnesses to 18kg, before you use seatbelt. Or a Nania, from http://www.kiwibaby.co.nz/afawcs0122.../products.html

Have a look at http://www.childrestraintsafety.com/booster-seats.html its a very good guide as to whats available...

Default Wanted - Chest Freezer...

We're still on the look out for a chest freezer in the Chch area... big enough to fit a couple of lambs... they're getting a stay of execution while we search...

Great idea Tia. We'll be looking for sofas sometime around christmas, so I'll post then. Does NZ have the post-christmas sale frenzy as in the UK? Also, do furniture stores in NZ similarly take forever to deliver the stuff you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Moorf View Post
    We're still on the look out for a chest freezer in the Chch area... big enough to fit a couple of lambs... they're getting a stay of execution while we search...
    Have you checked that your lambs haven't secretly been buying up all the cheap freezers in the Chch area....?

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ22 View Post
    Great idea Tia. We'll be looking for sofas sometime around christmas, so I'll post then. Does NZ have the post-christmas sale frenzy as in the UK? Also, do furniture stores in NZ similarly take forever to deliver the stuff you buy?
    It's not as mad as the UK regarding sales - they seem to happen here far more often, so there isn't the same sort of sale frenzy mentality.
    Regarding furniture you don't have the huge time delays from ordering to delivery - especially not on stock items. Most places I've bought from have arranged delivery the next day or whenever is most convenient for me. They also give you a specific delivery time, so saves having to take a whole morning off work to wait for deliveries - and also deliver at weekends.
    Custom made furniture obviously takes longer, but my sofas were shipped from Italy in only 6 weeks, which is less time than I've waited for things in the UK.

Tia - Briscoes has photo albums with 50% off last weekend. Not sure if they will this week... may be worth a look to see if they're the sort you want?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast