Thread: Cerified coipes by JP's; is it easy and how much?

Default Cerified coipes by JP's; is it easy and how much?

To qualify for domestic fees to study at AKL Uni, I'm being asked for certified copies of our PR stickers and it can only be done by a JP unless I go into the Uni; bit hard from the UK. Is it straight forward to just look in Yellow pages and go along to the JP in NZ? What does it cost?

Looking on search, I see Hannah from N Plymouth found it easy but that was 2 yrs ago; is it still the same now?

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    To qualify for domestic fees to study at AKL Uni, I'm being asked for certified copies of our PR stickers and it can only be done by a JP unless I go into the Uni; bit hard from the UK. Is it straight forward to just look in Yellow pages and go along to the JP in NZ? What does it cost?

Looking on search, I see Hannah from N Plymouth found it easy but that was 2 yrs ago; is it still the same now?
    It's as easy as you have already stated, just look in the yellow pages for a JP, phone them up and go and visit them to get any documents you need certified.

And best of all they aren't allowed to charge for this (AFAIK).

Ian

Have not had to use a JP for certified copies, only a Lawyer. It was as easy as Ian says, and FREE.....repeat FREE......from a Lawyer

It's easy to get certified by JPs...just call them in your local areas and make appointment to come to their place and have them signed it.
    However, make sure you have all the required documents ready. Most JPs know with the whole thing (immigration thing) so they will ask some papers for them to see.

In re. of cost...I do not think there is a fee for it. You can ask him/her but I think they would say NO charge. That was my experiments with 2 times certified by JPs.

Thanks, amazing they do it for free! great!

We got this done recently. It was completely free. Here in Tauranga there is a small police office (kind of a recruitment office I think) on Devonport Street in the centre. They have a JP in the office twice a week between set times and you can just drop in and see them. We didn't have to wait when we dropped in the JP saw us straight away and I got the feeling they do certified copies all the time.
    I think they do something similar (having a JP available at set times) at the citizens advice bureau.

your local member of parliament's office can also so.. yes for free...

Any Police station will do it for free also