Thread: eye exam - cholestrol levels??!!

Default eye exam - cholestrol levels??!!

I've just been for an eye examination, very thorough much better than specsavers in the Uk (IMHO) Eyes altered very slightly but not enough to have to fork out for new specs thank goodness - (still having to buy some for our eldest though!)

Anyway to the point, the lady asked me if i have problems with Cholestrol, and advised me to go to the doctors for cholestrol and blood tests -

so whats all that about then, what has she seen that has made her say this -

I know I should have asked these qeustions whilst I was there -but you know what its like you don't think at the time, and when you've got a youngster chuntering cos they are bored it flys out of your mind as well.

I will be booking in to see docs (more expense) for some tests but just wondered if any of you knowledgeable folk could throw light on the situation!

Hi Marcia,
    I am a Diabetic and my consultants have always maintained that high cholesterol can effect the eyes as well as bad for the heart.

I also done a search and came up with this so maybe the optician found something that may warrant some blood tests to check your cholesterol.

Its something that can easily be sorted so I wouldn't worry too much

http://www.aolhealth.com/condition-c...12161309990018

Hi

My husband had this from his opticians, and apparently he had a slight white circle round his iris which is a sign of high cholesterol, and sure enough blood tests backed this up.

HTH

Helen

Thanks for the advice - will be making a trip to the docs this week!