Thread: Gyms and classes

Default Gyms and classes

Do any of you pay for gym memberships in auckland? how much? where's the best place to go? cheapest?

what about yoga classes or pilates, or dance classes?

do they offer baton classes here anywhere? i'd like to get into teaching one, i was a majorette through middle school, high school, and college (11 years) and I still love it.

thanks!!

No idea about baton classes, but there are loads of gyms in Auckland.
    It depends on whether you want a gym close to your home, or closer to work? Where are you located?
    Les Mills is a large chain, with their biggest gym in Victoria Street in the city. They offer loads of classes, including yoga, pilates and a class which incorporates lots of dance moves.
    Configure Express have a gym on Queen Street, and you can use any of their gyms once you are a member. No idea about their classes, but they should have details on their website.
    There are lots of others as well, but location is usually the most important factor.

OH pays $86 per month for our local Devonport gym.

Milliemoo

OH pays $117 per month for a place on Queens Street right next to his office.

The Millenium Institute on the North Shore www.mish.org.nz charges $99 per month with a $80 joining fee.

The North Shore Leisure Centre in Browns Bay www.northshoreleisure.co.nz has a number of different cost options ranging from $50 - $100 per month plus joining fee of $70 for 'casual' membership. Or if you sign up for a fixed period of time it ranges from $195 all the way up to $995. I have to say this gym has one of the most complicated pay structures I've seen!

HTH
    Anneliese