Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bus/Metro Passes

Default Bus/Metro Passes

Hi, does bus/metro passes exist in NZ? example here in the US I pay $64 a month for unlimited rides on city buses and trains. I prefer the bus as gas prices are almost $5.00 a gallon here But I did do a google search and couldn't seem to find anything. If they don't exist how much is a all day pass or per ride cost?

Thanks
    Last edited by mmcguire2020; 26th July 2008 at 05:55 AM.

I know that they do in Wellington...

http://www.metlink.org.nz/section10.php

Thanks for the link does anyone know about Christchurch? they seem expensive in Wellington if I read correctly it's $222 for a monthly pass. I guess if they are expensive in Christchurch I will work close to home and walk or bike

Thanks Mrs. Pony it doesn't seem that bad I guess.

we will just have to get used to not having to drive everywhere! We're not planning on having a car once we get there... probably won't even bother getting one at all.

yep christchurch have metro card, fantastic cheap! just remember you can change many bus you can in 2 hours, all for one fee.
    When I was lived in Burnside and I went to beach with two preschoolers, but took 3 bus to get there. It cost me just $1.80 all the way and $1.80 back
    Downside is there isn't many buses outside of christchurch althought. I had to take my MIL to nearer bus stop which is either Rolleston or Lincoln before she could go on the bus.

Thanks everyone. The bus seems cheap enough for me. But I still plan on biking to work if I work within a reasonable distance. But MetroCard seems interesting if I understand correctly you prepay the card and use it as you go?.

hey guys, how come the prices are so expensive. I am looking at Auckland and I see that its nearly 140$ for a monthly pass!

Quote Originally Posted by aks View Post
    hey guys, how come the prices are so expensive. I am looking at Auckland and I see that its nearly 140$ for a monthly pass!
    Not sure why exactly but I pay $210 for the monthly explorer pass which gets me on the Fuller ferries, buses and trains in the Auckland area. I take a ferry and a train to get to work and sometimes the bus so this is a good option for me.

Emily

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast