Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long for post from the UK?

Default How long for post from the UK?

My folks posted me a birthday card on about the 18th July and it hasn't arrived yet... The one that was posted a day before arrived within about 3 days.

Reckon it's a lost cause? It had a cheque in it too (my folks haven't quite grasped the moving to another country thing). If it's gone I should get them to cancel it.

Julie

I am still waiting for my posts/parcels since posted mid-june to end of june.....now and then you will get posts late and sometimes you will get posts within 5 days from UK. Timing of posts is all depend on post system either in UK or/and NZ on time or running behind schedules

Very very variable. I give it 2 months before I give up.

My sister posted a card on the 9th July, and it arrived here last Friday, so, what's that? Two and a half weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joolzr View Post
    My folks posted me a birthday card on about the 18th July and it hasn't arrived yet... The one that was posted a day before arrived within about 3 days.
    Julie, it is common for two posts arrived different days...see this.
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showpost.ph...7&postcount=13

We've had stuff that has taken a couple of months to arrive, and other things that have arrived in 2 days.

My MIL now uses for parcels:

parcels2go.com
    0870 121 2101

The company tend to use fedex, DHL etc, but are significantly cheaper as they get a yearly quota with those companies. They will ask for weight, dimensions and address and will pick parcel up from you. Not only does stuff arrive very quickly to us here in Aucland (between 2 days and a week usually), they are also a lot cheaper than Royal Mail. We also found that unlike NZ post, these couriers actually get you to sign for stuff, rather than just leaving ouside your door and hoping for the best....good for valuble presents etc.

Joolz - i would think about cancelling cheque, we had 2 cards arrive with envelopes ripped wide open.............

Have told family to now send cards in a different colour envelope!

I posted a parcel to my MIL last saturday - it got there on the wednesday!

We are still waiting for about 6 parcels, MIL has posted one about 3 weeks ago!

Its so maddening!

Also, dont know last time we had redirected post................ no one seems to want to know though when i complain!

Sharon
    x

Thanks all- quite reassuring but I am a bit worried that our post box is on the street.

Can you cash a UK cheque here? It would probably only be for £20 but I guess someone could alter it....

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by shakyle2906 View Post
    Also, dont know last time we had redirected post................ no one seems to want to know though when i complain!
    Was just thinking this today about our Royal Mail re-direction, not seen anything for simply AGES! Either we are now up-to-date and have told everyone our new address or said stop sending the junk and they've actually done as requested or... Royal Mail just aren't providing the service we've paid for!

Anneliese

I get about one piece of redirected post per week and it seems to take ages - including all my Tescos and M&S vouchers that are out of date by the time they arrive here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast