Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medical sent off to Medical Assessor

Default Medical sent off to Medical Assessor

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could advise please - I've applied for a 23 month working holiday visa about 2 weeks ago. As I hadn't heard anything I decided to email the immigration office. They said that my medical had been sent to a Medical Assessor for comment. Does anyone know how long this could take? Is the turnaround usually within the estimated 2 -4 weeks?

Thanks

Tony

It took them around 2-3 weeks for NZIS to initially get back to my parents after a medical was sent to the Assessor. (I really wish I was a cartoonist - I have a great mental image of "The Assessor" ) In their instance they were asked to have further tests. It's been 4 weeks since those tests were submitted and we're still waiting for a decision of some sorts.

I should say, that family sponsorship applications aren't treated with the same level of importance as work related visas - or so I've heard.

Hi Tony

Our medicals have just been referred one week after submission. I asked if they had been referred for any particular reason or if this was par for the course. Our CO suggested that it takes 1-2 weeks for them to come back. She also assured us that it was 'standard process' and would let me know if they required any further info.

We have applied for PR.....I don't know if this makes any difference with the timings??

Sue n Kev
    xx

ours have taken 3 weeks twice so I would be surprised if you hear anything back before the end of the second week... (PR with job offers)

Quote Originally Posted by dusk View Post
    ours have taken 3 weeks twice so I would be surprised if you hear anything back before the end of the second week... (PR with job offers)
    We haven't completed our medicals yet (more blood tests needed), they should be done within the next week, then we need to go and get our visa's (general work). We have flights booked for September!! I hadn't heard anything about the medical certificates being sent off to the assessor!!! Do you think that I'll get my visa in time!??

the medicals are only sent off to the assessors if they need to be, in my case because I have type 1 diabetes (and some complications)... if you are all in good health with no long term conditions then your CO can just tick the box that says healthy and you have nothing to worry about

the medicals are only sent off to the assessors if they need to be, in my case because I have type 1 diabetes (and some complications)... if you are all in good health with no long term conditions then your CO can just tick the box that says healthy and you have nothing to worry about
    Dusk

Our Panel Dr. ticked the 'healthy' box and signed us off as fit....as I said, when I asked our CO she said it was par for the course!?

Sue
    xx

Thanks for the advice everyone, hopefully i'll hear something back in the next week or so. We have our flights booked for October so would be a big weight off us once we know. Everything else has run smoothly until we got involved with the immigration, I guess we should have allowed a bit more time, but we didnt expect these complications.

Thanks

Tony

that's weird Sue, not heard that before - perhaps I am just missing a part of the process that I know about, I thought the medical assessors only got involved if there was something to look at - eg a long term condition, borderline results etc.

that's weird Sue, not heard that before - perhaps I am just missing a part of the process that I know about, I thought the medical assessors only got involved if there was something to look at - eg a long term condition, borderline results etc.
    Hhhhmmmmmmm....I wonder!? My Gamma GT was slightly high and OH's Gamma GT, Aspartate Transferase and Alanine Transferase...nothing too horrendous and OH's probably down to the statins he's taking. Just wondering if that's why they were referred even though we officially passed and weren't required to take further tests....perhaps the CO wasn't at liberty to divulge that sort of info?

Ah well, guess we'll just have to wait and see if they request any further info!?

Sue
    xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast